Share your art.....

Thecowslayer

Love the animal images. The bird is especially striking.

I normally do cartoons but I used to do a bit of digital art. A variation on this one (which is probably my best) was the cover of an annual report

outsider2.jpg

Love the animal images. The bird is especially striking.

I normally do cartoons but I used to do a bit of digital art. A variation on this one (which is probably my best) was the cover of an annual report

outsider2.jpg

Thanks. I really like how the cover you did almost has a retro look to it, at least, that's what it looks like to me. The lighting is also real nice.

Thanks Greg. I've been enjoying it all - hopefully a few more drummers' visual art is coming along. Dreams of the City is great - touch of Van Gogh influence there with the sky?

Here's another, called Discombobulated Sydney

discomb_sydney.jpg

Great shots, Sarah. I'd love to take great photos like you and Cow. After seeing shots by both of you I have decided that birds in silhouette make for fabulous photos :)

Great shots, Sarah. I'd love to take great photos like you and Cow. After seeing shots by both of you I have decided that birds in silhouette make for fabulous photos :)

Thanks! I don't go out to get silhouettes of birds and stuff...I usually change it to that if the original picture looks rubbish! haha! It's more of a correction thing at the moment...I must get better! :-D

Great Idea! Some awesome work here guys, I would like to go through each one carefully, I love all kinds of art and can look at it all day! It's no coincidence that many musicians are into photography.

I'm into photography, 3d art and video editing as well but I'll just share some photography :)

I really love shooting birds of prey but nature in general is what I really like to take pics of.
I have quite a few but here is my favourite subjects!

I'm currently rebuilding my site so the pics in the album are not the best stuff I have but if you are interested http://www.jeminimedia.com/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=29
I used these pics just to test out the album module.

Attachments

• gbheron-b.jpg
    gbheron-b.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 240
  • opsprey.jpg
    opsprey.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 240
  • apr-osprey.jpg
    apr-osprey.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 240
  • dfly2.jpg
    dfly2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 237
Great Idea! Some awesome work here guys, I would like to go through each one carefully, I love all kinds of art and can look at it all day! It's no coincidence that many musicians are into photography.

I'm into photography, 3d art and video editing as well but I'll just share some photography :)

I really love shooting birds of prey but nature in general is what I really like to take pics of.
I have quite a few but here is my favourite subjects!

I'm currently rebuilding my site so the pics in the album are not the best stuff I have but if you are interested http://www.jeminimedia.com/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=29
I used these pics just to test out the album module.

Damn it! Haha I keep seeing these dragonflies (or was it damselfly) pictures...I never see them! Where do they hide!? Such a great picture. The birds too!

Love seeing drummers' paintings and drawings - you can see the connection between how they approach making art and how they approach playing music. I definitely see your drumming in your art, Thaardy!

Great thread! that dragonfly pic is incredible. can you tell us what camera and lens you were using?

Damn it! Haha I keep seeing these dragonflies (or was it damselfly) pictures...I never see them! Where do they hide!? Such a great picture. The birds too!

Thanks Sarah, yes this one is a dragon fly, Damselfly's are smaller and somewhat skinnier. I usually get them around spring and find them all over the place but usally around wetlands, ponds, swamps etc.

Tyger, I thought the dragonfly was 3D art. Beautiful image.

Thanks Pollyanna, that was sort of the feel I was trying to get, took awhile before I got a pic that I liked.

Sum old stuff..

WOW! Love it! You got some serious skills dude!

Great thread! that dragonfly pic is incredible. can you tell us what camera and lens you were using?

Thanks! that's encouraging. for this pic, I used a Canon 40D, Lens Canon 100-400mm with Kenko Extension tubes. It's sorta my poor mans macro lens :) The combination works great and using a big zoom lens with extension tubes gives you a lot of working distance.

Thanks again for the kind comments everyone! I have a few more I'd like to share later tonight.

Keep the Art coming, it's inspiring!

Thanks! that's encouraging. for this pic, I used a Canon 40D, Lens Canon 100-400mm with Kenko Extension tubes. It's sorta my poor mans macro lens :) The combination works great and using a big zoom lens with extension tubes gives you a lot of working distance.

Thanks again for the kind comments everyone! I have a few more I'd like to share later tonight.

Keep the Art coming, it's inspiring!

Haha I think I have the poor mans macro lens... They were under a tenner haha! You screw them onto any normal lens. But I have to be like 4cm away from the action...not good when photographing live spiders!

close-up-macro-filter-set.jpg

The macro lens I do want is like £800!!

Haha I think I have the poor mans macro lens... They were under a tenner haha! You screw them onto any normal lens. But I have to be like 4cm away from the action...not good when photographing live spiders!

close-up-macro-filter-set.jpg

The macro lens I do want is like £800!!

Actually I have these ones

2483DC6C002EE10260524A9C5EE0AAD4B9BD4EE0_large.jpg

But you are right, used on any smaller lens your working distance is very small. I wanted to get a dedicated macro lens like the Canon 100mm IS but now that I'm drumming any extra cash goes to my kit :)

What are you using Sarah in terms of gear?

Back