ProMark deal - 10 pair 5A LA Special (seconds) for $10

Still not as good as the Nova deal a little while back. $4 for a 10 pair brick on Musicians' Friend. I ordered 4. Everyone complained about them being seconds. But really, you just can't. I'm probably just not good enough yet to distinguish a mild lack of counterbalance - or perhaps I'm ignorant.

Thank you for sharing though, this deal is definitely still good.

I can't see taking a chance with seconds even if the price is great

I can't see taking a chance with seconds even if the price is great

I just don't get this. They're drum sticks. I beat the crap out of my drums with them. Have been doing it for well over a decade. I've used the crème of the crop sticks but have been using various "seconds" for several years now, be it the Vater "Goodwood" seconds, the Novas, or these Pro Mark seconds that I am using currently.

I can't really tell any difference it's made on my playing. My wallet, on the other hand, is much better off.

Word. I used to buy pro mark oaks all the time for $8.99 a pair. They were stellar sticks, and lasted awhile, but they still broke. And after roughly 20-30 good hours on a pair, I had to toss one or they both broke. And I felt like I got punched in the wallet. These "seconds" last me a good 15 hours before they break... But I still got 11 more pairs to burn through before I've paid for ONE pair of PMO's. I can't tell that big of a difference.

Back