Should I warn them???

This is like a car crash- I know I shouldn't stare, yet I cannot look away.
A couple of less than complimentary posts from some other DC members about DW (nothing out-rightly hostile)- but the last thing we need is to start a forum war.

A couple of less than complimentary posts from some other DC members about DW (nothing out-rightly hostile)- but the last thing we need is to start a forum war.

Don't worry, there are some who are members of both who wouldn't get caught in that. Two totally different sites and atmospheres. Certain things happen here that don't there and certain things they do there we don't see here. It isn't really competition as much as two different unique forums and sites.

I think I saw what you were referring to and it wasn't really a big deal. If someone doesn't like this site, they don't have to come here, and they probably don't.

Seriously? A forum is a forum. There can be jerks on any of them. :)

I've already met some very nice people here and I plan on hanging out for awhile. I also plan on hanging out at DC as well. They are both very nice forums. And you're right, we don't need a forum war. That would be pretty much a waste of time and energy. We're all on the same drumming journey. Why not enjoy it no matter where we are?

I think I saw what you were referring to and it wasn't really a big deal. If someone doesn't like this site, they don't have to come here, and they probably don't.
I just thought it was an uninformed post (re: the DW mods) but I agree with you 100%- it's not a big deal and people are free to choose the best forum which suits them.

I saw this thread start a while ago but I never read it till now, I remember Glen, however it wasn't till after he'd been banned how much of a nuisance he was. Personally i had no trouble from him, however that's probably because he never replied to any of the threads that I posted on. I did find some things he posted funny though, not like they was jokes, just things that made me laugh, as well as responses, although hats off to Watso, still never fails to make me laugh.

Also Welcome to DW as many have pointed out, you'll love it here, but better bring your a-game for Watso ;)

This thread is also pretty revealing at showing how DW really is a little community in itself with new family members coming and complete with its own little history, speaking of which.....

At least, not without Jared......it just wouldn't feel right without his minions flooding the forum again.

I'm going to guess this is the same Jared from freedrumlessons.com, so what did him and his forum do. I guessing there was a forum war and he sent all the minions (Jared fanboys/ forum members) over here to something. How did it start, what happened?

The Jared Falk story is very dull and I'm not sure I can remember all the details.

Essentially, years back Jared was accused of taking material on the single-stroke roll from Johnny Rabb and producing a video that (other than the presenter) was identical. Obviously, copyright enforcement is a very expensive proposition and Rabb never took it to court but there was a lot of ill-feeling in the community as a result. There were a few threads laying into Jared and in the end Jared came over here with a crowd and started attacking anybody and everything that went against his way of thinking and his viewpoint.

Needless to say, I have since had no time for Jared or his associates. This was further complicated by another member here (that had a website) that had links to one of Jared's associates. A few harsh things were said.

There's more to it than that but that's the basic outline.

I guessing there was a forum war and he sent all the minions (Jared fanboys/ forum members) over here to something.

Pretty much.

How did it start, what happened?

Someone said something. He saw it and took issue. Rallied his troops and they arrived in droves. Hilarity ensued.

What would that even look like?

If you recall the last one.....'effing' hilarious. At least I thought it was. :)

I get the basic Idea, seems a bit boring to be honest, I was expecting something a bit more exciting for some reason.

I haven't seen either video so I cant really give my opinion on it, plus you said there's a bit more to it, so ill just leave it at that :)

edit: Just saw PFoG post, I think I need to search for some threads on this to see the hilarity haha

I get the basic Idea, seems a bit boring to be honest, I was expecting something a bit more exciting for some reason.

I haven't seen either video so I cant really give my opinion on it, plus you said there's a bit more to it, so ill just leave it at that :)

edit: Just saw PFoG post, I think I need to search for some threads on this to see the hilarity haha

I doubt you'll find many, it was a very long time ago.

Mods stepped in. Much of it deleted and resigned to distant memory.

Suffice it to say, you had to be there.

I actually think there's been two. The one I recall was sparked by one of my countrymen (who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty) calling his system a con.

What would that even look like?

It would look like sticks getting progressively more insane while Duncan calmly goads him. In other words, I don't think having two forums involved would really change anything.

I checked out his kits on drumchat. I had seen the white monster of course, but I had no idea he has so many others! I loved the finish on that Gretsch Renown. I wonder if each kit has its own dedicated set of cymbals as well. Any ideas on what the dollar amount of all that gear would be?

Ahh well I suppose its good that it got deleted, a shame for me since I cant read it but good for the forum, I'll definitely be here for any more moment in DW future though. That being said I hope there isn't another "forum war" cause to be honest that whole concept just seems a bit silly, probably funny to read, but silly non the less.

I looked for that, couldn't find much other than references to it. Did it happen in 06? That was when talk about it started.

If my sluething abilities and old fashioned detective work have served me correctly, the one I'm referring to occured much later. Like the Feb 5th 2010, later.....to be more precise.

If we gonna have a war, should we warn them?

We have the most powerful and destructive fighter the world of drumming has ever know... they might as well surrender now :)

Attachments

• Ultimate weapon.jpg
    Ultimate weapon.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 174
Back