Should I warn them???

I'm just observing. Quietly. Not going to say anything, just going to let it all pan out.

He's managed more than twenty without insulting somebody. I'll revise my estimate to a week.

Do I hear sweepstake? We can give an imaginary Mapex Saturn to the winner.

Never understood the Mapex Saturn drums. Why do people play those things anyway? The most unmusical drum on the planet.

(maybe I've kicked the hornets nest with that one ;)

I'm just observing. Quietly. Not going to say anything, just going to let it all pan out.

He's managed more than twenty without insulting somebody. I'll revise my estimate to a week.

Do I hear sweepstake? We can give an imaginary Mapex Saturn to the winner.

Only if the imaginary badges face outward!

Just give the guy a chance.People do change on occasion,and everybody needs a second chance(or third,forth ect) once in a while.

Everybody has the right to throw themselves under the bus,without any help from anyone else.

Poke ANYBODY with a stick often enough,and you'll see something in that person,you haven't seen before.

We all live in glass houses,but not all of us realize it.Just my 2 cents.

Steve B

Last edited:
Just give the guy a chance.People do change on occasion,and everybody need a second chance(or third,forth ect) once in a while.

Everybody has the right to throw thenselves under the bus,without any help from anyone else.

Poke ANYBODY with a stick often enough,and you'll see something in that person,you haven't seen before.

We all live in glass houses,but not all of us realize it.Just my 2 cents.

Steve B

I understand that, absolutely. My patience with him ran out after the promises that he would be more civil and then fell back into his old habits though. I've had a few 'interesting' messages on YouTube from him regarding this thread so I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe I can give you guys lessons on how to display the badges on the imaginary Mapex Saturn. I hear people around here need lessons on such matters.

Well said, tamadrm. You're right. The guy has been more than civil with responses he has made to me. Guess I have to give the benefit of the doubt before judgement is passed. In my eyes, he's innocent until proven guilty. I should have not prejudiced this individual in the first place. For that, I apologize.

Well said, tamadrm. You're right. The guy has been more than civil with responses he has made to me. Guess I have to give the benefit of the doubt before judgement is passed. In my eyes, he's innocent until proven guilty. I should have not prejudiced this individual in the first place. For that, I apologize.

I would say for you all to be patient with him at drum chat. He has had bad experiences here, and so he probably just resents certain members and can't get over it. Maybe he won't have problems there. He does have some really nice kits, but wow, those badges are huge.

Agree he should be given a chance, who knows, maybe things have changed for him, let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now, and hope he does OK.

...mind you, I'll be surprised if he makes it to 50 posts!

Interesting how a controversial person most have never met can generate 90 responses in this thread (and counting....). The Sticks Mystique. So much for being despised.... :)

GO MAPEX!

Mark, there's a guy here named Dr. Watso. He, more than anyone here, IMO, is DrummerWorld's class clown emeritus. So you better have some good stuff cause my man Watso is a hard act to follow. Just a heads up lol. It's all good. Can't have too much humor.

Frankly, the fact that I'm still here is a great testament to the patience and community spirit of our mods/admins. It's true, I really can't help myself. If you cut me, I bleed asinine forum commentary.

Hey... don't go all shy on us, that won't do it, we've come to expect much more than this... there's enough inspirations within this thread to get you going all night... isn't it Mary? :)

Uncle Larry is much better at inspiration when he's not trying. :p

Now I can steal the appropriate reply from Mark...

Uh oh, this isn't gonna be pretty. :::ducks and covers head:::

Larry where are you :)

I think he's still suffering from a little foot-in-mouth disease. Feel better soon, Larry!

Uh oh, this isn't gonna be pretty. :::ducks and covers head:::
Well, as you can see ... (and welcome to DW, by the way) talk of drum heads and cymbals ain't all that goes on, here.​

Well, as you can see ... (and welcome to DW, by the way) talk of drum heads and cymbals ain't all that goes on, here.​

Thanks for the welcome! Hey, if ya can't have a little fun in life, what's the point? It's a short ride. Might as well enjoy it while ya can.

Back