Puresound Pro Custom Snare wires

I have a few sets of these Pro Customs on snares--6.5 Acro, & 2 Brass 6.5 BB's is what I can recall ATM.
Regular steel wire model.
They sound good, and they sit nice and flat on the head. That crimped angled end works real well.
They've performed well at all volume levels, and are sensitive (can respond with a fingernail tap).
I used the strap at first, and it worked easily, and fine with the clip deal, but I just like the sound of cord better.

I am trying out some Fat Cat (Classic 20 with pitch) steel wires right now on a couple drums. Pretty bright all around, so I may put them on the Acro to liven that one up a little. It does sound good with the Custom Pros though. The Fat Cat wires were a little too lively on the Supralite snare.

Let me know what you think of the Brass wires compared to Steel. If they have a tiny bit warmer tone, I might like them on the Supralite.

Just picked up a set of steel wires yesteday for a steel snare project I am working on. I am putting them on tonight, I will give an update once I get a chance to try them out.

I put each one of these on different snares so I really can't compare the two metals but they are super sensitive and fit flat across the width of the snares. So far so good

I picked up a set of steel Custom Pros today, and played a gig with them. Huge difference tone. So sensitive and crisp. Had no issues at all

I ended up putting the puresounds I picked up on my Black Panther so I could do an A/B comparison. The differences are really obvious, far more so than I imagined they would be. The biggest differences is how increasing or decreasing the snare tension really makes a difference in the sound of the drum. With the stock Mapex snares they were pretty much just on, off, or choking the drum. Now I have a whole new tuning option to worry about.

They also sound better through all of the different tension ranges. I will say that I am very impressed and will likely put the puresounds on all of my snares.

Some of these came on my used OCDP 7 x 13 black brass snare. They sound good and I have had no problem with the pen, If I do I will just bypass it with grosgrain ribbon. They seem to make contact well and little sympathetic buzz.
Some of those German wires came stock on a few snares I got that Bob mentioned and I found no need to upgrade. In one case Puresound blasters and classics was a downgrade, too much buzz.

I've owned a set of these in the past. They were very sensitive and articulate. Perhaps a little bit too articulate for my tastes. I prefer a less defined ghostnote; a smooth (if you will) sound, and I found these wires just couldn't give me that, no matter how hard I tried.

I put a set of the 20 strand brass ones on my Magstar maple 5.5 X 14. Very pleased with the sound of the drum. I did however ditch the cotter pins. They were slipping for some reason on me? Using string and it's fine.

I keep hearing about people having troubles with the pins. I have never seen this issue. While this is the first set that I have personally owned, I've been exposed to them quite a bit, and I've never seen a problem. I'm sure you could replace the pins with something a little more robust if you wanted.

Back