AT LAST, NEW DRUMS!!

jondrumming

ITS FINALLY HERE! Some of you probably remember my quest for the new kit, and it's finally here! I thought I'd go against what everyone else does and instead of showing you pictures of the actual kit yet, first I'll show you my new CYMBALS!

Sabian HHX Groove Hi Hats 14"
Sabian HHXplosion Crash 17"
Sabian HHXplosion Crash 19"
Sabian HHX Raw Bell Dry Ride 21"

IMG_7257.jpg

IMG_7259.jpg

IMG_7258.jpg

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7261.jpg

you chose some of Sabian's very best efforts, enjoy the fantastic new pies!

Oh man...fantastic! I had the Groove hats and loved how they sounded, they were just too heavy for me. The HHX line is the best Sabian has...they're fantastic. I want that HHX RBDR, too! I play the Groove Ride and looooooove it. I've been dyin' to hear the RBDR.

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYBODY!

These cymbals are amazing! The RBDR's bell might actually be louder than the Mega Bell rides' bells, the first time i hit it i honestly jumped, it SCREAMS!

The Groove Hats have a fantastic dark sizzle, and they're really good for anything, from funk to metal! I wouldn't recommend them for really heavy hitters, but then again I'm pretty sure they can withstand it :)

The Xplosion crashes.... literally explode haha my grandma heard it and said it sounded like an explosion :p

I should have pictures of the kit setup soon, but just to let you know...

Pearl Vision VBX (Concord Fade, Canada-exclusive configuration)

10x7.5 Tom
12x8 Tom
14x14 Floor Tom
16x16 Floor Tom
22x18 Kick (virgin)
14x5.5 SensiTone Steel Snare

As far as I know, a very limited number of VBX kits with the shorter toms and virgin kick were distributed throughout Canada only, and my local shop happened to have 2 in stock! They have one in Ruby Fade (it's still there, Cosmo Music, if anyone in the area wants to pick it up), and they had the one in Concord Fade, which I fell in love with instantly.

So I'll have pictures up soon! I have it in a Jack White-esque setup, very classy :p

Nice! I have the Concorde Fade VBX and it is an awesome kit!

So *that's* where the shorter toms / virgin kick config came from... Makes me wanna be Canadian, eh?!

Look forward to the pics!

The Groove Hats have a fantastic dark sizzle, and they're really good for anything, from funk to metal! I wouldn't recommend them for really heavy hitters, but then again I'm pretty sure they can withstand it :)

Really? I found them to be way too *heavy*. I swapped them for 14" AAX X-Celerator hats, which are much thinner.

The Groove Hats sound fantastic though...I liked the sound better, just not the feel.

Nice finish. Pearl are great with finishes i find. I'm not personally a huge fan of that sort of setup but it's pretty well exceuted nonetheless. I remember you saying you were going to get a new pedal as well so i suppose that's still to be done then?

Nice finish. Pearl are great with finishes i find. I'm not personally a huge fan of that sort of setup but it's pretty well exceuted nonetheless. I remember you saying you were going to get a new pedal as well so i suppose that's still to be done then?

Thanks Eddie! I've since changed the setup, I decided the toms were a bit too far away from me, I was having to reach too far; now I've just got them in a standard above the kick setup.

And absolutely upgrading the pedals asap, I'm definitely going to wait until after NAMM though, I want to see the new Iron Cobras before I buy anything aha

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

Back