Adam Deitch

W

Womble

There are quite a few 'big name' drummers out there at the moment making their names playing drum 'n' bass and jungle, but there's only one I've heard who, to my mind, really understands the rhythms, phrasing, attitude and grit necessary do deliver convincing performances in these styles: Adam Deitch http://drummerworld.com/drummers/Adam_Deitch.html. It's a lot of fun listening to John Scofield's Uberjam album and trying to work out which bits Adam laid down live and which he overdubbed. I'd kill to see this guy live.

When I listen to him I can really feel that he grew up with these musical styles; with the others, I must say it sounds like they've come to it from 'the outside'. Does anyone know what I mean?

Incidentally, it was Ralph Humphrey who first introduced me to this guy!

Adam Deith is an amazing drummer , his work with John Schofield is great , he have the groove , time , touch , fill .....simpley a GREAT drummer .

*Bump*

This thread feels so lonely. Has no one heard any Adam Deitch?

I've heard him, and I've seen him live I think four times now, three with Scofield a few years back and once filling in for the regular drummer in the Sam Kinninger band, plus one of my best friends is friends with him, haha. Yeah he's great.. definitely one of my favorite drummers.

I've heard him, and I've seen him live I think four times now, three with Scofield a few years back and once filling in for the regular drummer in the Sam Kinninger band, plus one of my best friends is friends with him, haha. Yeah he's great.. definitely one of my favorite drummers.

I'm very jealous, hopefully he'll find time to come over to the UK some time soon.

Yeah if it weren't for my living within a reasonable distance of New York City, I definitely wouldn't have seen him live as many times as I have so far. So I guess I should consider myself lucky.

I am going to have to bump this. I am obsessed with Adam Deitch's style. It's so funky, and groovy, I can't help but want to dance sometimes.

I think Uberjam is one of the greatest.

Adam Deitch has one of, if not THE freshest style out there right now. That means, he's an absolute GOLDMINE to steal from :D haha

seriously, check this guy out, he's awesome!!!

Super drummer, nice guy. I met Adam when we were both pulled aside by customs at the Ottawa Int'l airport a few years ago, coming into Canada. strange drummer bonding moment... i couldn't get over how humble he was. i mean, scofield... he's totally into what he does and is so passionate; it's almost like he doesn't actually see others appreciating what he can do. i had to miss his gig, unfortunately. word from friends was that he was the real deal and had a sick pocket.

I agree with most of what's been said here. I've had a few lessons with him, he is a humble dude. Also, he is very upfront about admitting his influences. To the guy who said he's a goldmine of licks to steal, Adam would tell you in 2 seconds where he stole them himself. Great drummer, great guy.

Actually, I would describe his playing as "totally badass." He makes simple stuff sound better than so many others... it's like, if he's going to play a simple beat, he plays it with so much confidence that it just floors me. Amazing player.

Last edited:
Great player, I heard of him with John Schofield.

I'd love to see him at Drummer Live next year.

He is amazing...from Wyclef Jean to Sco, very versatile...I think I will be buying the Uberjam album very shortly. He just makes everything flow, and I find his hi-hat work amazing, esp. on Watch Out For Popo with John Scofield check it out.

Back