Going out this new years partying? please watch this first

As a retired crime scene detective and uniformed NYPD officer,I for one have been to more that my fair share of car accidents where a drunk/impaired driver caused the crash.

Some were vehicle damage only,some with injuries and still others where the people involved died at the scene or in a hospital.

I've also had to make in person notifications in uniform to next of kin and tell them that this loved one isn't coming home.......ever again.

If you are arrested and convicted of DWI,Part of you're sentence should be mandatory service in energency room or accident scene clean up.You should also me made to do a ride along with special highway units,responding to accident scenes.

Lastly,you should be made to ride along with police officers doing death notifications,to see what devistation you could potentially cause to people you haven't even met.

The same goes for texting and driving,which caused it's brand of damage and death.

Just don't do it.Stop and think.Friends also don't let friends drive drunk.Texting while driving can get you or someone else killed.

Rant over.

Steve B

As a retired crime scene detective and uniformed NYPD officer,I for one have been to more that my fair share of car accidents where a drunk/impaired driver caused the crash.

Some were vehicle damage only,some with injuries and still others where the people involved died at the scene or in a hospital.

I've also had to make in person notifications in uniform to next of kin and tell them that this loved one isn't coming home.......ever again.

If you are arrested and convicted of DWI,Part of you're sentence should be mandatory service in energency room or accident scene clean up.You should also me made to do a ride along with special highway units,responding to accident scenes.

Lastly,you should be made to ride along with police officers doing death notifications,to see what devistation you could potentially cause to people you haven't even met.

The same goes for texting and driving,which caused it's brand of damage and death.

Just don't do it.Stop and think.Friends also don't let friends drive drunk.Texting while driving can get you or someone else killed.

Rant over.

Steve B

That's some tough stuff but I bet the person wouldn't do it again. I would say don't put them in the emergency room though. They would just get in the way. It would help bring down driving under the influence.

Most hospitals have maintaince staff that clean up the ER after a patient is treated.Thats where they should be assigned,and not working on patients.There are also teaching hospitals that have rooms ajacent to treatment rooms for med students/nurses/residents where they can view patients being treated .

Steve B

I hope the Designated Driver has caught on.

My girlfiends nephew was killed in a car accident a few years ago, but there was no alcohol involved, only two teenagers in the same car speeding. Fatal car accidents happen all the time, with or without alcohol.

My girlfiends nephew was killed in a car accident a few years ago, but there was no alcohol involved, only two teenagers in the same car speeding. Fatal car accidents happen all the time, with or without alcohol.

True, but many of them that involved alcohol could have been prevented. Too many innocent lives are lost due to alcohol-induced accdents.

Yes indeed, but alcohol and drugs does not help behind the wheel, the same goes for distracted, careless and reckless driving.

I'm not sure how that's relevant. It sounds like you're trying to justify drink-driving, which is nothing short of stupid. Especially if you've been following some of the recent postings on this forum.

I don't condone driving while under the influence of alcohol or any drug, I was merely pointing out that fatal car accidents happen with or without alcohol.

Sorry I had to bump this up for this July 4th. If you are going out drinking this weekend then please take 5 min and watch the video. One bad decission is all it takes. Please be careful out there this July 4th weekend and have a good one!

Back