What are you going to to be for Halloween?

Like the other Aussies here I don't do Halloween. It's growing here but still no biggie. I've seen a few houses in my local area with fake cobwebs on them and some kids running around looking like fat skeletons ... that's about it.

Not one solitary door knocker here in Melb. Pol......and I sooooo wanted to trick!!

superb, fun, & well played. Great drumming!

Cheers KIS, now for that picture of you as the 5 of spades...

Polly, I have no idea how Whole Lotta Love got to be in there... or why, but to get in the spirit of things, we did play it live once with a rubber mouse perched on top of my kick drum

I had every intention of being a mummy. It didn't work out too well, so I had to change costumes at the last minute. I sacrificed a sheet and a pillow case and made a really lame ghost costume. I cut a hole in the sheet for my head, and the pillowcase covered my head.

If you ever want to look like a Ku Klux Klan member, this is a really great way to do it. The point in the corner of the pillowcase above my forehead really made an ominous effect. I had real reservations about going out in it and doing the gig, but I did anyway. It lasted 1 set, and I had to take it off because my eye cutouts would end up near my nose from bobbing my head to the music, and I couldn't see. It kinda sucked looking at the inside of a mask when playing, trying to see everybody else for the final note.

The gig sucked anyway. Very few people showed and our bass player had major equipment problems.

No knocks at my door either, Pocket. I forgot it was H'ween and had a fairly normal Sat night. Next evening I watched a gig at a local venue we're playing at next week (wow, the singer was so bad, that was kinda Halloween in itself) and in the switch from day to night crowd I saw a few kids looking a bit gothic.

Last Man, there doesn't need to be a reason to add WLOL. I play in a lounge-y band and twice now we've broken into spontaneous versions at rehearsal :)

I had every intention of being a mummy. It didn't work out too well, so I had to change costumes at the last minute. I sacrificed a sheet and a pillow case and made a really lame ghost costume. I cut a hole in the sheet for my head, and the pillowcase covered my head.

If you ever want to look like a Ku Klux Klan member, this is a really great way to do it. The point in the corner of the pillowcase above my forehead really made an ominous effect. I had real reservations about going out in it and doing the gig, but I did anyway. It lasted 1 set, and I had to take it off because my eye cutouts would end up near my nose from bobbing my head to the music, and I couldn't see. It kinda sucked looking at the inside of a mask when playing, trying to see everybody else for the final note.

The gig sucked anyway. Very few people showed and our bass player had major equipment problems.

Not really a Halloween to remember, Ey larryace?.

Back