"Cube Personal Drums" - a personal video

Drummer Karl

KARL MEMBER
Hi friends!
The last days - when I wasn`t actually playing - I`ve been working on making a little promo-esque film of my Cube Custom drum set.
Since "Cube Personal Drums" is a small company and everybody knows each other I thought it would be a personal way of showing my satisfaction...and support.

The video itself is composed of filming material of the kit, some of my audio comments and music of the piano trio gig I did recently.

Sorry for my accent and speaking speed, I think I could rather be a "Night Lounge" radio moderator with this kind of speed. :-D I`m a bit ashamed of the voice.

Here`s the high-quality version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRU_U_dMCTw&feature=channel_page&fmt=18

And here`s the HD version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRU_U_dMCTw&feature=channel_page&fmt=22

Thank you very much!

Karl

Wow Karl, I think you'll be getting a lot of PMs from the girl drummers of DW!

You could easily audition for one of those seductive voices on late night jazz radio, that make all the girls go 'oooh'.

Oh, and the drums are great!

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. The drums look and sound Killer, Karl. And don't be ashamed of your voice man, or the accent. Sounds cool. Your voice is much deeper then I thought it would be.

But back to the Vid, Well done. It has a very professional documentary feel to it. And I didn't know the set had arrived, congrats. I watched the other video of you testing them and they sound great.

Well done.

They really are fantastic looking drums Karl!
And you have a much deeper voice than I figured you would have. :) Nice to be able to put a voice to the name.

Seriously good work Karl! The tunes are awesome too. Love those drums. Too Bad I live on the other side of the world =(
Great work on the video too

Wow Karl!

My mind certainly would have never associated you with that voice... but damn, you're certainly one smooth talker, I thought the slowness of your voice actually added to the video of your GORGEOUS drums.

I was really trying to concentrate on the video, but in my head I just couldn't stop picturing you advertising Lionel Richie CD's with that voice.... :)

Awesome!
This is the way every post should be!
You should also send the link to the guy who made your drums. He'd probably post it on his website.

Thanks!
Hehe, well how about creating a Jazz internet radio? =)

Well, according to the prices of the shells the wood takes a big part of the cake. German beech is much cheaper than some African mahogany or some Keller maple shells.

Here`s the price list for beech and maple shells (prices in euro):

http://webablage.de/cube-drums/trommelkessel.pdf

Very affordable...awesome quality. The beech shells are produced in Germany, too. To be exact, in Sindelfingen...where Miles played with his quintet on October 8, 1964.

Thanks a lot!!

Karl

Thanks....so are yours beech or maple? or both?

I'll have to spend a month translating the info.....it's all good though, my wife is fluent.

Thanks!
Hehe, well how about creating a Jazz internet radio? =)

Well, according to the prices of the shells the wood takes a big part of the cake. German beech is much cheaper than some African mahogany or some Keller maple shells.

Here`s the price list for beech and maple shells (prices in euro):

http://webablage.de/cube-drums/trommelkessel.pdf

Very affordable...awesome quality. The beech shells are produced in Germany, too. To be exact, in Sindelfingen...where Miles played with his quintet on October 8, 1964.

Thanks a lot!!

Karl

Those prices seem pretty resonable. Also i'm sure pfs is very pleased that they make their own shells :p.

I chose beech, the whole kit is made of beech shells.
I first wanted to go for some Keller maple shells but my budget was quite limited.

The prices for some beech shells are great. A really affordable option definitly. As I said before, the shells are actually produced in Germany, by "Sindelfinger Holzringe". The company is small too so sometimes it takes a few weeks till the ordered shells are made.

Though later on Lars decided to order long wood tubes, he would cut them by himself. That simply takes less time than building every shell seperatly.

Thanks!

Karl

Back