Mikkey Dee

candlemass

This guy's not listed in Drummerworld, but I'm sure he deserves it.

One of my favorite metal drummers from Europe, he played in Dokken and King Diamond before joining Motörhead, and he's there for years already, perfect for that position. His drums are thunderous and heavy, and seeing him attacking the cymbals and heads with so much strength only makes me wonder how many heads/cymbals he wastes during a tour. He's very fun to watch.

Seeing him live definitely made an influence on me, since I try to mimic his tom tom rolls attacking them really strongly.

mikkey-dee.jpg

Who else shares the same appreciation?

Cheers,
Eduardo

My all time favorite drummer!

He's so great, and you can recognise his style imidiatley!

He was best when he was in King Diamond (1986 - 1989)

There's a King Diamond tune called "The Candle" that I believe Mickey Dee drums on. It's a metal classic and Dee is driving that tune like a double-bass Amtrak!

TOMANO

His drumming does always remind me of Mike Terrana. They' re both on same technical level, I guess. And they' re much better drummers than all the new guys like that Joey Jordison or whatever his name was.

Attachments

• ffm_03.jpg
    ffm_03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 16,454
  • mike4.jpg
    mike4.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 11,918
It took a little while to find him on this board but oh well, at least he is here. One of the few true great metal drummers in one of the greatest bands period, IMO. He is pretty hard to find anything about on the web, so any hints to a web page and yes I have tried to search and went to Motorheads page but not much there.

i have only heard him on helloweens album "rabbit dont come easy" and wooow.. what a great job he did.. immensly fast! solid drumming

Mikkey Dee is an awsome drummer havent really followed much with motorhead cause Im really not into them but if you want to check out an excellent different style in double bass with many time changes good double bass and china cymbal work check out king diamond "abigail" 1,"Them" and most of all the best cd is "conspiracy" after he left king diamond he played on Don Dokkens solo album up from the ashes which was a little more of a pop metal album but its does have a few heavy tracks with some great guitar licks and double bass "the hunger" is a great track from that one.Back then in the late 80s when I was honing my double bass skills Mikkey Dees style really stood out as something a little bit different than other stuff I had been hearing in rock and metal and hes definately worth checking out and should be included on this site for his great drumming thanks
[email protected]

When he was with King Diamond he was awesome! Such a great player! I followed him from the first King Diamond album. I was in aww. It's a shame he's not a big name in the bizz. He's amazing!! I had the pleasure of seeing him on the Them tour... WOW!!
I turned alot of fellow drummers on to Mikkey. Alot of them couldn't get past Kings vocals.
KEEP ROCKIN MIKKEY!!

all you have to do is pick up a copy of king diamond's abigail album and the proof is all there. he is my all time favorite. i believe he is a really strong favorite amongst some of the best out there. this guy is so tasty on the kit, i really would push abigail as one of the top drum performances in metal history... check it out

Saw him several times with Motorhead, most recently with the Metal Masters tour this past summer. He was friggin' awesome! He did an amazing drum solo. He is really the best drummer in rock today. And of course, Motorhead just kicked major ass! I don't know why Mikkey isn't featured on this site. Hope they fix that soon.

Little bump for Mr Dee!

My favourite band and my biggest influence. I too try to mimic his tom rolls and his solid back-beat drumming. Those of you who are not as familiar with him should check out the albums 'Sacrifice,' 'Inferno' and their newest one, 'The World Is Yours.'

Epic.

Having moved to Copenhagen to perform with Woman,[2] in 1985, he joined Guitarist Parcel, who were search for additional members to unmitigated their line-up. After their transude of the "Game" album (1989), Dee decided to yield the banding, as he matte he was becoming solon of a back-up musician, kinda than an isometric contributing songwriter. Vocalizer Adamant himself was comely quite common and the musicians backing him were taking a collateral persona in the authorship and resoluteness making, ofttimes Infield was the only human responsive for the livelong assemble medium (1989), after which he was replaced by Achromatic Bandleader. Mikkey's drumming in Clergyman Tract tested to be real superhuman and with a strengthened proximity. Of all the Contender Adamant recordings,on 1987's "Abigail" and "THEM" which followed 1988, he exhibited innovational drumming performances that showcased his communication and preserve to affect drummers to this day.

Judging on that vieo, he's an impressive drummer. But his rack toms are set up extremely high!?

Back