MAD's cartoons & CD covers...

Wow Henri, I love what you've done there. Some gems, & some fond memories too :)

Thanks, fond memories indeed Andy :)

You were the first ever member to watch and listen to that clip, in fact you've listened to the first version of this clip, this is the third one, as featured in the Polly tribute thread :)

Now, as far as the title of this thread is concerned, it's lacking a little on my CD covers creations, so here's a little more... Hey, Sonny, you notice there's a Rush cover in there :)

Attachments

• CD covers 2.jpg
    CD covers 2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 340
Cripes, I forgot about that video. Severe cowbell alert at around 18 mins ...

Guess this means I owe, you, Mr Henri. I kind of feel like a pop star sans the fame and fortune!

Cripes, I forgot about that video. Severe cowbell alert at around 18 mins ...

Guess this means I owe, you, Mr Henri. I kind of feel like a pop star sans the fame and fortune!

Hahaha... yes, cowbell alert indeed, but it's not too bad... at least there's no wind chimes alert :)

I'm glad you feel like a pop star, if anything it means that I'm doing my job right, lol.

You owe me nothing, but you're a hard lady Polly, it takes a lot of hard work and thinking to get you posting... but you just did here and on Andy's decisions' thread, that's 2 more posts towards the 10k mark...

Ok, 6 posts to go... think Henri... think of another plan!!!

Henri, not wanting to hijack but in the spirit of buring the posts to 10k I'd like to say I've finally found a good legal MP3 site - it's called payplay. It has tons of alternative music and even I've managed to work out how to use it. I've gone berserk ... in the last week I've bought 45 digital albums.

Some were vinyls I used to have. Some are classics I want to catch up on or revisit and others are gaps in my music education I want to fill.

Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Full Force
Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Les Stances A Sophie (Vinyl)
Bill Brufords Earthworks - A Part, And Yet Apart
Black Dub - Black Dub
Brian Eno - Another Green World
Captain Beefheart the Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica
Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink (Remastered)
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
Charles Mingus - The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady
Chick Corea - Return To Forever
Fiona Apple - Tidal
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Focus - Hamburger Concerto
Focus - Moving Waves
Frank Zappa - The Grand Wazoo
Giles, Giles And Fripp - The Brondesbury Tapes (1968)
Gong - You (Radio Gnome Invisible, Part 3)
Jean-Luc Ponty - King Kong - Jean-Luc Ponty Plays The Music Of Frank Zappa (With George Duke) (Vinyl)
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme [Deluxe Edition] [Disc1]
John Coltrane - My Favorite Things Coltrane At Newport
Joni Mitchell - Mingus
Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue
Kevin Borich Express - Celebration
King Crimson - Absent Lovers (CD 1)
King Crimson - Ladies Of The Road (Live 1971-1972) CD1
Max Roach - We Insist Freedom Now Suite
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Oliver Nelson - The Blues and the Abstract Truth
Oregon - In Performance (Vinyl)
Pharoah Sanders - Karma (Vinyl)
PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me
Quiet Sun - Mainstream
Radiohead - OK Computer (Collectors edition) CD1
Scott Walker - Bish Bosch
Soft Machine - Third
Sun Ra - Angels Demons At Play
Sun Ra - The Nubians Of Plutonia
Supertramp - Crime of the Century
Tangerine Dream - Phaedra
The Modern Jazz Quartet - Fontessa (Vinyl)
The Necks - Drive By
The Who - Quadrophenia (Remastered) CD1
The Who - Quadrophenia (Remastered) CD2
The Who - Who's Next
Tim Buckley - Lorca
Tim Buckley - Starsailor

Currently on OK Computer ...

Henri, not wanting to hijack but in the spirit of buring the posts to 10k...

Keep posting Polly!!! ...Keep posting :)

Wow, that's quite a list you've got here, I have many of those in CD's format, some which I bought again because they're so good.

I went on payplay website, and yes, I like it, it's quite comprehensive as far as artists/bands are concerned, it's also very cheap for what I can see, I think I'm gonna buy some digital albums too, oldies and newer ones.

Thanks for the suggestion Polly... and keep posting!!!

Ok, 6 posts to go... think Henri... think of another plan!!!

That's it...I'm hunger striking until Polly reaches 10,000!!!! (No, seriously, you can trust me on this, I'm not eating. NO, those are NOT cookie crumbs on my leopard print shirt...)

Mary, in the words of my old Czechoslovakian grandmother as she laid down course number 12 to her bloated victims ... "Eat ... eat!".

(I think it was the only English she knew, apart from "money").

I was up to 9,999 when I stopped but some threads were subsequently deleted. It's possible that I may reach 10k and then drop back again. So Todd, I have the guts for it ... in fact, nowadays I have enough of a gut for everyone :(

Well, yes sir, I see what you did there... :) Clever, indeed!

Thanks, Henri! My Carmichael throne looks different though - did they rework the cosmetics?

Looking at the pic Andy posted - I'm stunned to see that there are other manufacturers/designs of the free floating spine concepts I wasn't aware of so far - thanks for the head up ;-)

Back