What's the story behind your user name?

I was at a duck pond with friends and one duck gave a weirdly human and intent cackle. We then joked around with an anthropomorphic story of how they were interacting. They were so darn cute. This is the name we gave the designated evil duck. He is probably passed now but his name lives on.

I'd wondered about your U/N. The evil duck ... excellent :)

Ho, I see where you got your inspiration for your name...

I thought it was this, you know, coming from down under: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna_(band)

Nah. It's just a carry over from a philosophy forum I used to frequent ... ironic. At around age 18 my favourite song was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl1CoQS2yz8, which says a fair bit about my world view haha

In the northern frostbitten forests of Sweden, everyone drives atleast one Volvo. I like to build things. I don't build Volvos, but I thought it was a nice combination. The number 3 represent the Almighty Father, The Wise Son and the Unholy spirit.

I worship Satan. I am angry. I am evil.

The prophets of doom have spoken of my return since ancient times long lost and forgotten.

I am VolvoBuilderMastermaker3.
Wow, I bet you're a bucket of fun at the midsummer crayfish parties :)

Interesting... Bill Bruford, you certainly enjoyed his drumming for a few years now :)

According to Paul Simon, the music we listen to when we're 16-18 years old, will be the music we'll like for the rest of our lives :)

At first it wasn't about BB for me but the mood of the music. So powerful and bleak and exotic - it felt like a rebellion against conformism (yay!). Later I really came to appreciate BB and, later again, Jamie Muir, who added incredible textures. Love to see Jamie play live.

Agree with Paul Simon. Maybe that's the time when we are most emotionally receptive to music?

There are some really cool and innovative stories and names here. Anyone else care to join the party?

Netz Ausg is german for power output.

Way back in secondary school I was working on a creative writing assignment and needed a name for the lead character in the sci-fi epic I was writing. I couldn't think of anything with a suitably short, memorable name that also held a bit of mystery. I thought and thought and cast my eyes around until... my gaze settled on the power pack behind the computer I was using.

There it was...

NETZ AUSG

No turning back since :p

I suppose it was meant to be - I am now the one who outputs the most decibels in the band...

I suppose it actually should be "Netz-Ausgang", Ausg would be an abbreviation, lol :).

Potentially, but it doesn't have the same zing to it :p I only found out what it meant some 3 years after appropriating it.

longgun is a commonly used word for a scoped rifle.....I served as an Army Sniper for a long time....hence the name. My avatar is also the US Army Snipers "emblem"

Guys in high school (35 years ago!?!) morphed my last name into "Moke."

I was a smoker at the time, so my nickname morphed one more time and stuck.

Doubt that any but a handful would recall that, but there you go.

HooAhh, LongGun! Thanks for yor service, Brother!

15 years 35H3HD7, one-time recruiter, Destert Shield/Storm Vet.

SSG, USA (Ret)

"K" is the initial of my first name. "Badd" is........well.........Badd. Bad as good and Bad as Badd. (ego checked at the door, I promise)

My car....its what I use on all the other forums I frequent.

Marble White MX5 GT

6-8.jpg

My parents gave it to me after my two grandfathers Odd and Anton.

Back