My Yamaha Tour Customs

hogdaddy

OK I finally got a pic of my kit but keep in mind I am still trying to find what I like and need more cymbals.

My new Ludwig LM 402 snare looks right at home.

I have it crammed in a small bedroom atm.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Very nice. Nah, I think you're fine with the cymbal setup you have. Less is more, right?

A Roc n Soc is the way to go, respect your back or it will "kill" you!! Nice kit nice color too, plenty of cymbals 3 distinctive bells (4 incuding hh) 3 different ride sounds in the middle of each cymbal. Plenty of colorfull sounds there is that a 10/12/16 with a 22 ?? good luck with it, Doc.

The drums look very nice, but I would try to play into the room and not into a wall. You'll probably hear a very nice improvement, especially with your bass drum. Just get rid of the bed, the drums are more important, lol.

Dennis

A Roc n Soc is the way to go, respect your back or it will "kill" you!! Nice kit nice color too, plenty of cymbals 3 distinctive bells (4 incuding hh) 3 different ride sounds in the middle of each cymbal. Plenty of colorfull sounds there is that a 10/12/16 with a 22 ?? good luck with it, Doc.

Its a 16", 18" and a 21" Sweet Ride. I am gonna check out the roc n soc throne.

The drums look very nice, but I would try to play into the room and not into a wall. You'll probably hear a very nice improvement, especially with your bass drum. Just get rid of the bed, the drums are more important, lol.

Dennis

Maybe I should turn em round then.

Without seeing you sitting at the drums, I'm looking at this and thinking it might not be as comfortable as it could be to play. Your hat and bass look miles apart. Unless you pulled your kit apart slightly for the sake of the picture... I'd suggest sliding stuff a little closer together? I usually snug my hi-hat as close in to my left rack tom as I can.

However, lovely kit, one of my favorite Yammie finishes.

Without seeing you sitting at the drums, I'm looking at this and thinking it might not be as comfortable as it could be to play. Your hat and bass look miles apart. Unless you pulled your kit apart slightly for the sake of the picture... I'd suggest sliding stuff a little closer together? I usually snug my hi-hat as close in to my left rack tom as I can.

However, lovely kit, one of my favorite Yammie finishes.

I just moved it in closer and it feels much better. Thanks for the tip!
I can use all the help I can get as I am an amateur drummer.

I just moved it in closer and it feels much better. Thanks for the tip!
I can use all the help I can get as I am an amateur drummer.

Glad to help. Sitting and playing the drums needs to be as comfortable as possible. In general, if you have to stretch any limb to full extension, or twist your upper body more than a quarter-turn in either direction in order to play a part of your kit, it should be repositioned.

It's always worth your while to get together with a good teacher and get at least a few lessons to start you out. This forum is great to find stuff out, but a good teacher is like this forum times a thousand.

Cheers!

Back