Drummers/Martial Artists

That would be the Big Apple.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 8.16.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 8.16.56 PM.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 198
Thanx for the last few posts you 'orrible lot, you really hit on the subject of drummers/martial artists......must be a Yankee thing.......???? hahahahahahahaha

Thanx for the last few posts you 'orrible lot, you really hit on the subject of drummers/martial artists......must be a Yankee thing.......???? hahahahahahahaha

A Yankee thing? Sorry, bro I am a Dodgers fan and I know Judo. A sailor trained me how to fight. It's like riding a bicycle, but I haven't fought since 1991. I've had a few guys stand up to me, but that's about all they do. They never throw down. I show no emotion. Cool as a cucumber. Poker face. But I'm too old now so I'd rather just be nice to people.

Don't worry Don Knots! I'm here to save the topic!

I wouldn't say im a martial artist, but i have studied a little and practice very little jeet kun do, i may stay in hong kong for a little while and if i do i'll probably try to get in a school and learn a little more. I don't really plan on being a competitor though

A Yankee thing? Sorry, bro I am a Dodgers fan and I know Judo. A sailor trained me how to fight. It's like riding a bicycle, but I haven't fought since 1991. I've had a few guys stand up to me, but that's about all they do. They never throw down. I show no emotion. Cool as a cucumber. Poker face. But I'm too old now so I'd rather just be nice to people.

You know there zephyr, i'm a sailor! But the fighting style they taught us.. i don't find much use in it! haha

perhaps you were taught by a sailor from the old school navy. you know, the real navy?

The mordern navy is too soft. They don't want the image of a sailor to be a drunken bar fighter anymore, they want us to be cuddly wuddly fuzzy teddy bears that wear our uniforms! this whole being politically correct thing has turned the navy around with a complete 180..

I have periodically.

Started out in a Shotokan Karate club, then moved on to a university group doing Wing Chun and Escrima.

When I moved to Oslo I did some training with a group that just called it cross training, sort of following Bruce Lee's ideas. No belts or anything like that. Just training, going to different seminars together, learning from each other and sparring a lot. It just wasn't possible to combine it with playing and teaching. In a small town/country everything happens in the evening when most people are done working.

No need to study martial arts, boxing or MMA. Because when I've had 6 beers, coincidently enough, I become the baddest mamma jamma to ever have walked this earth.

No need to study martial arts, boxing or MMA. Because when I've had 6 beers, coincidently enough, I become the baddest mamma jamma to ever have walked this earth.

I hear ya brother. After 6 beers (Millers please) I am the world's greatest drummer, lover, dancer, speech maker at weddings.......list just goes on.....

I have periodically.

Started out in a Shotokan Karate club, then moved on to a university group doing Wing Chun and Escrima.

When I moved to Oslo I did some training with a group that just called it cross training, sort of following Bruce Lee's ideas. No belts or anything like that. Just training, going to different seminars together, learning from each other and sparring a lot. It just wasn't possible to combine it with playing and teaching. In a small town/country everything happens in the evening when most people are done working.

Makes sense that you'd follow bruce lee's thing. Did you know that he started his martial arts in wing chun under master ip? He later (sort of rebelliously) decided to start his own martial arts form after master ip accused him of not having the right attitude to be told the "secrets" of wing chun. Which were probably just very in depth mantras hah

yes.

I did Muay Thai years ago. I want very badly to get back into Martial Arts. But i have tendonitis in both my wrists and threw out my back last summer somehow.

Id like to do either Aikido or Boxing mixed with some ground fighting. I just dont know if its possible.

Back