I Painted My Pedals!

Artemis

I have a pair of Gibraltar Prowler double pedals. I've had them for about 4 years now. About a year and a half ago I decided to paint them. They are originally black and silver, but the black was wearing off so it looked SUPER ugly. I like my stuff to look presentable and attractive but these ugly black pedals were not up to code.

Here's the process I used to paint them:

I first took the foot board's completely off.
Then i cleaned them with soapy water.
I sprayed them completely black with spray paint and let them dry for a couple hours before spraying on a second coat.
I then did the pain staking process of slowly painting the red onto the raised grooves of the pedal. This was slow because i had to use a brush.
After that I let them dry for a day.
I had to look for a product that would act as a clear, super glossy coat to protect the paint, but would not wear off with friction. I found the perfect product.
I can't remember the name of the stuff right now but I'll go look at the box later. ask for the name if you want it.
So anyways this stuff worked amazing! The clear was ultra glossy and the protective layer was 1/8th inch thick after 2 coats!
I let it dry for a good 24 hours and then I put them to the test.
The clear coat held up great and to this day and it hasn't even shown significant wear.
So anyways it worked and the pedals felt normal. They didn't feel heavier so I was fully satisfied with the job.

I have included a before and after picture of the pedals.

Attachments

• 222613_1341357471006_3445160_n.jpg
    222613_1341357471006_3445160_n.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 388
And the anal retentive award goes too....

JK man, couldn't resist. Nice work. Too bad no one but you sees it. But if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad, wise words from Miss Sheryl Crow.

nice.

i saw some painted Speed Kings on Ebay. different colors. blue, red, orange...i think it was Speed Kings.

I like it! Good job on that.

Back