Favorite Non-Drummer Musician??

Jeff Beck
Jeff Lynne
Elton John
Billy Joel
George Harrison
Chrissie Hynde...

Too many to list

Victor Wooten is first off the top of my head but if i take some time i'll probably think of an even better choice.

Ray Manzarek (The Doors) who played bass-line notes on a keyboard bass.

Josh Homme, Dave Grohl (I know he's a drummer, but he's a great guitarist and singer too :p), Mikael Akerfeldt, Maynard James Keenan, John Paul Jones, John Frusciante, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Kurt Cobain, John Petrucci, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Jimmy Page, Luke Hoskin, John Entwistle, Tom Morello, Jimi Hendrix, Brian May, Steve Harris, Freddie Mercury, Les Claypool, Flea, Cliff Burton, the list goes on and on.

• Michael Bolton
• Cher
• Geri Halliwell
• Whitney Houston
• Ice Cube
• Kid Rock
• Ricky Martin
• Sinead O'Connor
• Britney Spears
• Sting
• Weird Al Yankovic

Maynard/Jones/Chancellor, Akerfeldt, the two Mars Volta guys, Steven Wilson, Les Claypool, Josh Homme, Chuck Shuldiner, Ozzy, Ian McKay, Bjork.

Saying favorite "non-musician drummer" is a bit redundant don't you think?
(hmm, this joke probably won't go over well in, Drummerworld.com but you know, whatever.)

Probably Mr. Fripp.
Love Adrian Belew and Todd Rundgrens intense solo efforts though, which I have a little more respect from them in a sense, since they play all of the instruments instead of one.

If I had to pick just one it would probably be a 3 way tie between Santana, Hendrix or Victor Jara. Probably More towards Jara because I've been listening to his stuff more and more lately.

Chilean protest folk music from the 70's. Sort like a brown Bob Dylan that can actually sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hesTpJ4oGvk

Edit: In the spirit of friendship, sorry for the Dylan dig. I did just come around to Jack White though, I wouldn't use the word "genius" but I like him as a person now, so I have to hate on someone a little harder.

Lester young.

He might be tied with Trent Reznor.

But then their is Art Pepper.

Dexter Gordon.

Mike Patton.

Buzz Osbourne...

If a gun to my head I guess it wuold be Lester Young

Back