Our band consists of

1no. electrician
1no. carpenter
1no plummber
1no. Doctor
t do you have in your band.

Last edited:
My band is led by a medical doctor
Bass player is a fine instrument appraisal guy (Think $100,000.00 dollar violins and celllos)
Rhythm guitarist is a painter
Me, an electrician too Woz.

My band is led by a medical doctor
Bass player is a fine instrument appraisal guy (Think $100,000.00 dollar violins and celllos)
Rhythm guitarist is a painter
Me, an electrician too Woz.

Larryace

Here in England, when on site, we call

Eelectricians - Sparks
Carpenters - Chippys
Plasters - Spreads
Plumbers - John
Bricklayers - Brickies

etc... is that the same country wide, or just here, Us Sparks thou, are still at the top of the construction tree,

Think when i was young thou, i stuck my hand into to many live busbar chambers, as i like to play at a frequancy of 50 Hertz.

Last edited:
I get called sparky over here too, but the other nicknames must be a European thing.

Plus plastering is a dead art here basically speaking.

I don't work around the other trades too much, I'm mainly a residential guy who doesn't get into new construction, too much el cheapo labor. Plus I was supposed to be a drummer, not an electrician, so it's not like I was born with a contractors frame of mind.

I never understood why your generators spin at 3000 RPMs (50 hz) and US generators spin at 3600 RPM's (60 hz). Why don't they standardize it? Maybe meet in the middle, 55hz?

What is the voltage of your normal outlets that you would plug a computer into?
Here it's 120.

I get called sparky over here too, but the other nicknames must be a European thing.

Plus plastering is a dead art here basically speaking.

I don't work around the other trades too much, I'm mainly a residential guy who doesn't get into new construction, too much el cheapo labor. Plus I was supposed to be a drummer, not an electrician, so it's not like I was born with a contractors frame of mind.

I never understood why your generators spin at 3000 RPMs (50 hz) and US generators spin at 3600 RPM's (60 hz). Why don't they standardize it? Maybe meet in the middle, 55hz?

What is the voltage of your normal outlets that you would plug a computer into?
Here it's 120.

No we use 240 volts, for single phase, i.e. residential, i.e. what we would plug our computors into, and 400 volts for 3 phase, i.e ofices etc...,
Our plug tops have a 13amp fuse built in, thats why when i was young and cocky, i use to get electric shocks, but at 230 and 400 volts, it use to hurt, alot,
i learnt the hard way.

I can never understand why your plugs are only 2 pin thou with no earth, is it becoause you run with 120 volts maybe.

When i was a young apprentice, i worked breifly with a yank sparks, man this guy had a tool belt, with everything on it, man i had a tool box to put tools in, but this guy just carried it around his waist, 1st time i saw that. But you could always here him coming thou..

in our band

chef
glaizer (i make windows for residential and commercial installation)
orderly at a nut house
communications tech
autobody tech
highschool history teacher

We have:

a family physician;
an RN who does home health care;
a water treatment plant operator;
head of the department that keeps all the computers running for a major university;
and an assistant superintendent at a recreational park.

Nothing exciting. No strippers, assassions, or pizza makers....sigh...

Graphic designer
Curator
Scientist
Editor
HR data analyst.

And Oz's official recorder of temperatures. Sorry Pol I will be bringing that up at every opportunity lol

Music

Some folks I play with have some supplementary sources of income, because there are other things they also enjoy doing when they have the time for them, but I'm not at a point where I'd get into any kind of band situation with folks who have other primary income sources, unless they'd be ready to drop those jobs at a moment's notice. People with other kinds of jobs have limitations on when and where they can gig. They have other priorities. They're not oriented towards doing music as a career.

Lead singer = TV Anchorwoman
Bassist = TV Cameraman
Guitar = Computer guy
Guitar = Head of R/D for major corp.
Me= AHL Linesman/Business Owner

F

All my band mates are young lad`s who are school students.
I work in the mobile phone industury, basicly spend most of the day on the phone.

It doesn't. matter if you're a gigging musician you need a day job or rich parents LOL.

It's really hard to make a living just gigging, I'm a mechanical designer/data administrator for my day job.

Bonzolead

Since I'm in a new band, I don't know what the chick bass player does yet but the one guy drives a concrete truck and the other guy is get this..... a grave digger. He works at a cemetary doing that. Not by hand but still.

Just left my last band so at the moment it's just me-College student/student worker/part time Clown(seriously) and my friend on vox/keys-Music therapist. We're an odd bunch...

I'm not gunna live that weather thing down, will I, Larry? lol. It was 40 years ago now! Not my fault that I'm a numbers weirdo. Ironic that my approach to drumming is so massively low-tech, eh?

So now you're gigging with a grave digger. Cool! Is he weird? :)

The singer of an 80s band I was in was a dealer; that's as left-of-centre as it ever got for me ... like Funky Crepe's group, it seems.

Larryace

Here in England, when on site, we call

Eelectricians - Sparks
Carpenters - Chippys
Plasters - Spreads
Plumbers - John
Bricklayers - Brickies

etc... is that the same country wide, or just here, Us Sparks thou, are still at the top of the construction tree,

Think when i was young thou, i stuck my hand into to many live busbar chambers, as i like to play at a frequancy of 50 Hertz.

Hang on, English is actually your first language?

me - architect
bass - doctor
guitar - carpenter/contractor

there seems to be a lot of docs out there who are frustrated musicians.

Back