D is for W

i thought i would never see the day i would see such a beautiful drum set but it came

Relly like the finish, sizes hardware, it goes with the snare really well also.

Tom

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it's still sinking in that I own this kit.

I had a lot of people comment originally when I told them I was going with gold hardware that it would look tacky etc... but I'm glad I stuck with it, it adds a whole heap of class and 'bling' to the kit. For the record Karl the finish is called Ebony Satin Oil; to me it has a charcoal colour with a deep navy hue. The pictures with flash highlight the wood grain better, which is why I went with the Ebony over just a piano black. Here's a pic from DWs custom finish ideas:

SO-Ebony-w-B.jpg

And now you also know why I didn't go with Black hardware...

As for the PDP snare, it's *alright*. As a main snare I felt it lacked a bit of body, there was plenty of crack but it didn't have the balls to back it up. As a side snare it's been working great. I have it tuned up pretty high and its awesome.

The DeGrasso snare was really an impulse buy, but it fits almost perfectly with the DWs.

Can't wait to get it on a stage and take some pictures without a totally cluttered and messy background...

Ya, I like it better as well. But if under some lights the gold would really be nice.

I'm a fan of gold hardware on different color drums. Like I think it looks great on a gold glass or even a white or some sort. Just not a fan of it on black. Either way it's a great looking kit and I wouldn't say no to it either way. :)

Back