Aquarian texture coated WOW!

after 30 years playing drums, i just tried my first Aquarian drumheads. i tried the texture coated on the batter side of my 14"16" and "18 Ludwig Legacy Classic and they sound great, tune up very easy. to be honest i put them on late at nite, finger tight then a 1/4 plus another maybe 1/8 turn but spent no time evening them out and the sound is killer.
Remo's have been great, but i wanted to try something else, and i'm very pleased. cant wait to try some Aquarians on ther snares next.

Yea, Aquarian makes great heads. Their coating lasts forever too.

The heads sound great at all tunings. Tune up those toms to where they really sing; I think you will be impressed.

I've used Aquarian Texture coated in the past but have been going through some experimentation with Evans and Remo.

One thing I know is that Aquarian heads are the last to die, especially with coating.

I've had some Response 2's on the toms of my Gretsch (gigging) set for about 3 months. I don't know how they do it but the heads look almost brand new. They sound great without ANY dampening. Great sound for rock/blues/pop/funk.

I have a Modern Vintage on one of my snares as well which sounds great.

Jim

I only wish they had more options, like some heads with holes in them or thicker 1-ply heads. (or any heads with a black dot...) But as it stands, I think they are in many ways superior to the other guys. Texture Coateds are great and my Super-2s are very, very good tom heads.

I do love Aquarian heads.

I love the texture coated (with reverse dot) on my snare. I've used them for years.

I did a full set of Aquarian texture coated all the way around my DW for a while. They were very warm, and gave the kit a vintage style tone. I've since gone to the Super 2, but if (when) I ever get a vintage drum kit, I'll use the Aquarian texture coated for sure.

how do the super 2's sound on toms? Emperor like?

They are 2 mil thinner than clear or coated emperors (5mil and 7mil on Super-2 as opposed to two 7mils on cl/co Emperor). The Response-2 is a double-7mil head that would be most similar to Emperors, so a Super-2 will give you a bit more resonance and such. Not that much, though, they are very similar heads. Usually I hear people talk about Aquarian heads as being brighter than Remo. I don't own any directly competing models from both, so I can't comment on that.

switched to aquarian just six months ago.

i bought a ludwig black magic snare for myself christmas of 2011 and they had the triple threat on it. it was amazing!!!

soooo about 6 months ago i was in need of a complete head change around the kit and got some performance 2s. again amazing!!! not a dead head at all. very nice tone with just the right amount of over ring imho.

going to try the super 2s next head change.

Back