Recommended Direct Drive Pedal?

Steven P

I ordered an Axis A longboard a few days ago but the website emailed me saying they weren’t selling single pedal Axis anymore. (I live in the UK so it’s a bitch and a half to get axis). I could go with ebay but there is something about ebay I don’t like. So annoyingly Axis are out of the Question. Trick are also out of the Question because they are a little out of my price range.

I was looking at Demon Drives, but many people were complaining about the clicking noise on the pedal and the scratching issue. I noticed they were playing the Double Pedal version. So whats the Single pedal like? Same issues or anything else I should know? I couldn’t find anything about the SINGLE pedal version, so thats why I am here. I have tried the Demon Drive out at a shop and i was in heaven!

ALSO any other Direct Drive pedals to recommend. I'm starting to learn extreme metal and most people that play that type of music highly recommends Direct Drive because of its smoothness and quick reacting so...

Thanks

I ordered an Axis A longboard a few days ago but the website emailed me saying they weren’t selling single pedal Axis anymore

Which website was that?

ALSO any other Direct Drive pedals to recommend. I'm starting to learn extreme metal and most people that play that type of music highly recommends Direct Drive because of its smoothness and quick reacting so...

HighWood Malleus - probably the most powerful DD pedal available AND made in the UK!

Check out the Yamahas. Cheaper than Axis, Trick, or Demon Drives. Gerat pedals, lots of pros using them. And should be easiliy available.

Mapex falcons are very good pedals. You get a chain and belt. You have to order the dd seperatly. The new falcon comes out in febuary so you might be able to get them on sale right now.

I just got through suggesting these in another thread lol... Here we go again. Mapex Raptor direct drive pedals! Cheap, fast, durable, and smooth.

I believe that I tried all of them and chose the Trick Pro1V pedal for some of the most simplistic reasons, feel and adjustability.

Dennis

I would try to get axis or save up for tricks. Demons are not in the same league imo.

what are you talking about lol, i have axis longboards & trick pro-1v's; the demon drives are perfectly acceptable!
in fact i don't even use any of them anymore, i fell out of love with direct drive and have gone back to a strap drive eliminator i bought when i was 14.

Buying a direct drive pedal won't allow you to play like kollias or roddy, sorry.

what are you talking about lol, i have axis longboards & trick pro-1v's; the demon drives are perfectly acceptable!
in fact i don't even use any of them anymore, i fell out of love with direct drive and have gone back to a strap drive eliminator i bought when i was 14.

Buying a direct drive pedal won't allow you to play like kollias or roddy, sorry.

Selling my only set of pedals taught me to play with myself.

Demon drives clicked in the 1st gen, there are threads and youtube videos about it.

Point is that issue has been resolved. I owned some and the quality was great.

I personally hate light weight direct drive pedals and would rather a meaty chain driven pedal, something for you to consider before you go dropping cash on pedals you haven't even played.

Am I the only one who thinks the Gibraltar Intruder DD pedal is great? Or has everyone forgotten about it?

Back