What's your "day" job?

I have been a police officer for 24 years.
12 years in Patrol,
7 years on a Federal Task Force in an undercover assignment,
1 year as Commander of CID
2 years commanding the Professional Responsibility Section (IA)
Presently commanding a desk in the C.A.L.E.A. Accreditation Section, and waiting for retirement. ;)

Great job, not the best pay, but a pension most in the private sector would kill for.

in the summer i worked at chic fila, it sucked... food service sucks... this summer im gonna work at the music store i take drum lessons at.. also i mow lawns and dance with monkeys
edit: im also a sophmore at high school

I manage a drum dept! Organising stock levels, staff rosters, meeting with suppliers, day-to-day retail, cleaning, promotional layouts etc

Im also responsible for the updating of my local drumming webpage (www.drum.com.au), sponsored by the store I work in. I must create and submit lessons/reviews once a months. I have also taken on the responsibility (honour?!) of organising and promoting local drumming events in our community - Its really getting people vibed about drums around here, its awesome to see.

Its a busy work, and often I take the work home with me, but I couldnt ask for a better position to be in!

I work as a chambermaid in a hotel.Pay's ok and workmates are great.
Im a qualified hairdresser,so i do that from time to time,and i also help out at a local bar now and again..

- being student?
- boring :S

I play knight online these days...
I cannot go to studio for drumming :'( , my mate has to practice new songs :D

I work in a retail paint store. I sell mostly residential and commercial paint products, but I also do all the mixing and custom color matching. I work with 4 other people, each of which are awesome people, and I have lots of great customers. The life of a retail monkey isn't too bad if you're in the right place. I'm also currently going to school to become a graphic/web designer. I have my own business doing that, but it's tough to work full time, go to school, and run my own business in my plethora of free time. I'm also a dad to 3 great kids and a husband to a woman who's as off kilter as myself. Oh yeah, and I play drums with some guys here and there.

I am a motorcycle mechanic in a Yamaha dealership. I have been a mechanic for 13 years now and I can honestly say I hate it and I now hate motorcycles. Never make your hobby your job cause then its no fun!!!

Salicete said:
I have been a police officer for 24 years.
12 years in Patrol,
7 years on a Federal Task Force in an undercover assignment,
1 year as Commander of CID
2 years commanding the Professional Responsibility Section (IA)
Presently commanding a desk in the C.A.L.E.A. Accreditation Section, and waiting for retirement. ;)

Great job, not the best pay, but a pension most in the private sector would kill for.

Im from Catonsville....What police dept do you work for??

I work maintenance at a golf course. Mowing, landscaping, that kind of stuff. It's ok, could be better haha. It doesn't pay enough to buy all the drum stuff I want!

I'm still at school (last day on wednesday!!! 24 days till exams are over!!!) but i the holidays when I'm home i usually work at the local wool buyers, pressing and carting 200kg bales around with a hand trolley. And painting the brands off old wool bales. Hopefully, I won't ever have to do that again. Trying to get into an Engineering and Industrial Design double degree at Monash university next year; just gotta get 90 or above in VCE and pass an interview. Getting a bit nervous now...

Biz

im in highschool, 2 more years til I graduate, I lay sidewalk stones and cobble as a part-time job.
After I graduate im probably off to uni, but I dunno what I'll be taking there.

I am a manufacturers representative in the plumbing industry full time and a part time DJ at a radio station here in St. Louis.

My usual day Job is driving. I say usual because at the moment I am having to take an enforced break and I am having to work in an office at a desk and its driving me MAD!. Normally I can listen to anything I want to and tap along to. On breaks or while waiting to unload/ load I could get out my sticks and practice pad and have a dam good thrash. Now I can't even tap a pen without causing an offense. I can't wait till I can climb back into the cab and drive off with the volume up loud. Only 4 months to go to regaine my sanity! I hope I can make it.

My day Job was a maintenance supervisor, But they just closed my hotel for good, sooooooooo. My new day Job is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,To be announced. for a few weeks my day job is remodeling my house.
Anyone need an assistant?

somedrummer said:
Well, here's an update:

I now am a freshman in college, am teaching lessons to about 4 kids, and am doing cleanup at a butcher shop!!! Yes, I think I win for the worst job. At least the guys I'm working with are cool. That's the only reason I haven't quit yet.

I used to have to crawl inside old Used septic Tanks to retro fit them for new plumbing When I worked for the poop pumper company.

Back