Tall Snare Stand?

Bull

Gold Member
I want to use a snare stand for the rack on my newest kit. The kit has 26" kick and none of my snare stands will get the rack tom where I want it,not even close. My other kit has the rack mounted with a vibraband on a cymbal stand.

Anyone know who makes the tallest? I guess i could check specs.:)

Needs to be about this height.
310508_4449738078997_464302260_n.jpg

Keep in mind the taller you go the less stable, add to this your tom looks to be 10" deep (or more ?), then you have an angle, you're looking at stability issues.

Probably going to have to go with a concert snare stand, base wide open and even those are limited... snare stands just aren't designed for toms, especially when the tom is 8 inches deep or more. Again the higher you go the less stable.

You may want to find an orchestral snare stand, made for drummers who stand and adjust higher than norrmal. Or try and old 1400 Ludwig snare stand, they're suitable for kit or orchestral, but they're lightweight even by today's lightweight standards.

Bermuda

The Pearl S2000 snare stand goes pretty high.
It's very sturdy and adjustable, if you don't mind mixing hardware brands.

JB's stands base tube was probably cut down a couple inches to get the basket where he wanted it, and still allow for a little adjustment up and down.

I've cut a few base sections myself, and it's pretty easy to put the screw back in.
I've even used a chrome Allen head bolt with a nut inside to be extra secure on a couple stands.
Not that anyone would see it, it just looked nicer with a chrome bolt than a dark one.

The only problem I could see--for us normal drummers without a huge space on a riser--is the spread of a cymbal stands legs.

If you only need 3 or 4 more inches in height, I'd put the snare stands legs on a base section cut to the height you need.

Thanks for the replies!

Just put together a Frankenstand with a Pearl basket and a Tama Road Pro cymbal stand base. It's a bit too tall and I only have about 1.5 " I can chop without inhibiting the folding/collapsing of the legs.Hopefully that is enough.

I bought a used snare stand from Craigslist and it was a mismatched top and bottom, and the bottom was the same diameter as my cymbal stands with very wide bottoms or legs. I put my snare on that for a stand up snare stand. This would never fall down

My roommate and i are currently working on a permanent solution to the problem. This is tonight's total makeshift mess.

I give you the horror that is FRANKENSTAND!!!
205520_4797488652544_555574960_n.jpg

Back