1995 vintage Yamaha Double Bass Pedal PROBLEM!!!

kodo

Hi!

I have a great double bass pedal from Yamaha (got them as a birthday present back in 1995) where the chain linkage has broken on one of the pedals thus rendering it "not operational":(

This is one hell of a pedal, way better than my Iron Cobras so I really, really want to get it back in action. Now, where can I find spareparts OR is it possible to use parts from a more recent pedal?

Please, please, please help - I'm (almost) desperate...!!!!

You need to call Yamaha and talk with their parts dept....you'll need the part number of your pedal...chances are they have the part or can get it ordered..I've attached a link below to the parts catalog...you may want to look the part number up first (before calling)..the link should be on "Pedals"...if you need help navigating through the catalog just let me know...

http://parts-search.yamaha.co.jp/ht...?bcate_code=011&mcate_code=088&scate_code=001

Last edited:
Great!!!!!! Good stuff!!!!! This was exactly what I needed. I'll contact them right away!

Many, many thanks:)

That website says it's only for Yamaha dealers... i also need a part - a Yamaha FP810 FOOT BOARD LINKAGE and RETAINING PLATE that holds it. It's listed there but I can't get it through that site...

I'd also like to order some parts from Yamaha. The original post is two years old, and that person only has two posts, so it's unlikely he'll be back to answer how it turned out.

I'm guessing you'd have to order them from someplace that normally sells Yamaha stuff.
It'd be nice if you could order direct though.

You can order direct from Yamaha, through their website. If you have trouble finding the correct part number, just send them an email and they'll help you out eventually. Sometimes you need to send repeated emails though. I've purchased quite a few spare parts direct.

https://www.yamaha24x7.com/

You need to create an account first. Then once you're in, just search the part database using the model number. For example, if you enter DFP (for double foot pedal), you'll get a bunch of suggestions in a dropdown, then you can click on one of them, then click "GO" and you'll be presented with a diagram that shows all the individual parts and their numbers, along with a list of the parts, and the ability to add them to your shopping cart.

Keep in mind that the prices for parts are kind of high. For example, one of their bass drums beaters for the newest generation of their pedals is about $50. Other stuff is more reasonable.

Send an email. I was looking to buy a replacement drive shaft a while back, they had it listed for $300, but when I emailed them, they offered to sell it for $175. Still way too much, but you might be able to get a more reasonable price on the parts you need.

Back