Your Musical New Year's Resolutions

1. Tackle and play Good Times, Bad Times convincingly

Focus on and improve balance on throne

Diligence with page 5 SC on both hands and feet

Create drumming video portfolio for sharing with prospective working bands

Find a steady working band

It's probably the same as it was last year. Now if I can just remember what it was. :)

Drumming New Years Resolution

As we approach the New Year, does anyone have any drumming goals for 2014, skill wise or otherwise?

I have many, but topping my list, technique-wise, is that I would like to be able to substitute my right foot for either hand in everything I play.

To spend more time trying to teach my son.

The same way I know they have big grey heads and large dark eyes, of course! :)

I guess I would be amiss if I didn't put down here that one of my goals is to win in Memphis. (my 6 piece band earned a slot in the International Blues Challenge.) It happens in a little over a month from now. Wish me luck!

Good Luck Larry......keep us posted

For 2014, not musical, but I want to quit smoking

Last edited:
Whoops, I made a thread about this. No wonder no one replied, it's already here.

I've reached a point with my current practice routine where I'm no longer struggling, and I think I need to start struggling a bit more if I want to grow.

I want to learn to sight read, improve single foot doubles, learn to play fast singles around the kit, as well as linear stuff. I want my prog project (bubblemen) to play a show, I want to work on a cruise ship as a drummer and I don't know where my career is for 2014 (I might exit finance) but if I'm in Sydney I want to find a good band with high standards that people actually like. No more average bands.

And I want to cover songs that push me to play uncomfortable parts.

Not exactly a musical goal, but I hope to have my degree finished on schedule by this June. That will allow me to have some of my life back, to include getting back out to play some music. Went to the blues jam last night and hung out with a bunch of old friends, nobody had seen me in months and months. Makes me want to jump back in right now, but patience...

Get my jazz band off the ground and gigging. This rock and roll sh** is crushing my soul. I need to get back to what I love.

Work on my left foot rhumba and son clave. Until I can do whatever I feel like with my other 2 hands (will be a lifetime ). But one has to start somewhere !!!!

The ability to count out loud (voice) while playing has always been a stone in my shoe so i'll be spending a lot of time working with "The New Breed" in 2014.

Also: Technique / coordination and sight reading as always and finishing a CD a buddy and i have been working on for almost two years now!

Back