Ludwig drums on Yamaha hardware?

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Anyone have experience or photos of Ludwigs on Yamaha rack or stands?

I was wondering if Ludwig's "vibraband" mounting system would work with Yamaha's rack hardware.

I would envision it would look something like this ....

Attachments

• ludwig1.jpg
    ludwig1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 277
  • ludwig2.jpg
    ludwig2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 262
I'm sorry, but it looks like two different worlds collided.

Yamaha makes some fantastic machines ... me ... I'm a "Suzuki" guy ... my Kat is a 1982 GSX1000.

Well I am normally a Suzuki guy but they did not make anything like I wanted. I have a 2006 Yamaha FJR1300. I also have a 2001 Suzuki 1200 Bandit, which is great for wheelies. :)
Suzuki now offers a sport touring bandit 1250.

I have to admit too that Yamaha makes both great hardware and bikes! In spite of that I might buy Suzuki GS 500E this summer but first I have to sell my Honda CBR 125R ;)

I have to admit too that Yamaha makes both great hardware and bikes! In spite of that I might buy Suzuki GS 500E this summer but first I have to sell my Honda CBR 125R ;)

The 500 is a great little bike. If they sell the 650 where you live I would recommend reaching for that size. Especially if you already have time in on the smaller bike. The 650 also has ABS which is a nice safety feature. Both are nice looking bikes.

The 500 is a great little bike. If they sell the 650 where you live I would recommend reaching for that size. Especially if you already have time in on the smaller bike. The 650 also has ABS which is a nice safety feature. Both are nice looking bikes.

Unfortunatelly I have to ride a bike with limited power (25 kW) for two years now.. So it's easier to restrict a bike with 33 kW's than 55 kW's

Anyone have experience or photos of Ludwigs on Yamaha rack or stands?

I was wondering if Ludwig's "vibraband" mounting system would work with Yamaha's rack hardware.

If you put a Yamaha bracket on a RIMS/Ludwig version, then Yamaha stuff will work.
Otherwise, Ludwig is the L-arm, & Yamaha is the straight arm...

If you dig Yamaha hardware, use it.

I used to have all Yamaha stands with my Ludwig kits. It was in the early 90's and the Yamaha tilter then even sort of looked like the old Hercules round tilter. Those were the Red/Black sticker 7000 and 9000 stands.
Loved them.

I would envision it would look something like this ....

harry...jeez....could you possibly get that snare any lower????

i got a couple of munchkins sittin' here with me going, "really?" :) :)

harry...jeez....could you possibly get that snare any lower????
Not really, it's at about 21" in that photo ... same height as all the toms. But, you have to remember/figure also, that's a 26" kick, so there's a bit of a "optical illusion" going on too.​

Not really, it's at about 21" in that photo ... same height as all the toms. But, you have to remember/figure also, that's a 26" kick, so there's a bit of a "optical illusion" going on too.​

even in relation to that everything still looks very low to me, especially how low you have the floor toms in relation to the leg length.

but that's the great thing about being a drummer....there are no rules to how everyone sets up!!

but that's the great thing about being a drummer....there are no rules to how everyone sets up!!
I agree, whole-heartedly with that .... and nothing (hardly) is fixed in concrete, either. I do "low ride my whole kit. My seat height is about 22" ... and like I said, the toms are all at 21", and actually, my snare's on different stand now, and sitting at about 24".

Back