share your drumming hard times

this is a post i decided to start. so that i could console my heart to stand firm, have some belief in your own luck, and move on.

i am sure. all you drummers out there much have gone through many big/small hurdles through your drumming career.

my career has just started. its just almost about 2 years since i started drumming. but it seems i had to face hurdles right from the beginning.I AM FEELING LIKE THE WHOLE SOCIETY AROUND ME is against my drumming ( including the almighty god)

so. what i beg for is. please you c=drummers out there post your hard times in drumming. so that i could get some support to console my weak heart. to sit back. have some faith in your destiny and try swallowing up all the hard times.. and look for a silver lining.

thankyou

this is a post i decided to start. so that i could console my heart to stand firm, have some belief in your own luck, and move on.

i am sure. all you drummers out there much have gone through many big/small hurdles through your drumming career.

my career has just started. its just almost about 2 years since i started drumming. but it seems i had to face hurdles right from the beginning.I AM FEELING LIKE THE WHOLE SOCIETY AROUND ME is against my drumming ( including the almighty god)

so. what i beg for is. please you c=drummers out there post your hard times in drumming. so that i could get some support to console my weak heart. to sit back. have some faith in your destiny and try swallowing up all the hard times.. and look for a silver lining.

thankyou

Why do you you think God would be against your drumming? That's a powerful statement!

Life in general can be very challenging on a daily basis. Adding the complex and sometimes difficult world of musicianship can just add to that overwhelming feeling. On the other hand, the music is an "out" for the daily tedium. You are just starting out and haven't had enough life experiences yet to understand the simple fact that if you love music and drumming, you will carry this with you always. Even when you aren't able to play for a period of time, you will still have that that flame burning inside you if it's truly there.

Give it time. Days are dispensed one at a time for each of us. Keep at it, keep learning as much as possible, set goals and reflect on the progress and accomplishments you've made over a course of time.
As Alan White once said "You must never, ever give up. Because once you do then you've made sure you won't make it."

Now go practice.

The lowest point in my drumming life was following my divorce and the assumption of a crushing amount of debt, where I was literally minutes away from pawning my drumset to make a bill payment. on the way to the truck to drive to the store, i stopped and got the mail, and it was a debt consolidation offer. I was able to crawl back from under my rock, pay down my debt, and ten months later I TRADED my old set in for a brand new set.

Nobody can be against you 100% of the time, because EVERYONE has to sleep sometime. Don't give up.

Part of why you feel the way you do ... has to do with your age. 17. It's just all a part of growing up.​
Sometime's all you can do is "open your eyes" and you'll see someone who has things "much harder" than you, and they're making it work....​
Or as a wise man once said .... "I once felt bad because I had no shoes ... and then I met a man who had no feet."​

Back