Albums I absolutely must own

Has anybody said OK Computer here? Not my favourite Radiohead album (that's Kid A or Amnesiac) but it's the one that's had the most impact.

Police - Ghost in the Machine
Foo Fighters - Self-Titled / Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
My Morning Jacket - At Dawn / It Still Moves / Z
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
The Books - Lost and Safe (pretty weird, cool none the less)
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
Slipknot - Volume 3 the Subliminal Verses / Iowa
Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
Dillinger Escape Plan - Ireworks
Charlie Hunter Quartet - Right Now Move!
The Clash - Give 'Em Enough Rope
Q-Tip - Kamaal The Abstract (if you can track it down, never legitimately released)

If you like non mainstream rap Flobots-Fight With Tools, have one hit song with Handlebars thats not great, but the rest is so much better. Also, G. Love and Special Sauce- Yeah It's That Easy and Philadelphonic, you've probably never heard of them, their like, surfer rock, blues, and soul mix with some rapping mixed in by G. Love...poeple should check them out.

Really? you dont like Handlebars? heh, probably my favorite flobots song. I just think the lyrics build up SOOO well to the climax at the end when he emphasizes "holocaust" like 10 times. then it immediatly goes back to the subtle, seemingly innocent beginning. I think its great and incredibly well written with the trumpet solo in the middle, and it means so much, but to each his own i guess.

Really? you dont like Handlebars? heh, probably my favorite flobots song. I just think the lyrics build up SOOO well to the climax at the end when he emphasizes "holocaust" like 10 times. then it immediatly goes back to the subtle, seemingly innocent beginning. I think its great and incredibly well written with the trumpet solo in the middle, and it means so much, but to each his own i guess.

Ohhh at one time I loved the song with a passion, it just got soooo overplayed...but yea the meaning I would say gets lost by 90% of people and they think its about riding bikes. I still do like that part your talking about though. I like that all of there songs have meanings, unlike most mainstream rap music.

ROCK
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
AC/DC - Back in Black
The Clash - London Calling
Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
Guns n Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
The Police - Reggatta De Blanc

R&B
James Brown - Star Time
Curtis Mayfield - Curtis
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Prince - Purple Rain
Michael Jackson - Thriller

REGGAE
Bob Marley - Legend

ELECTRONICA
Groove Armada - Vertigo
Propellerheads - Decksanddrumsandrockandroll

Muse - Origin of Symmetry : A spacy, galactic opera.
Muse - Absolution : The end of the world, and everything about it.

Nine Inch Nails "The Downward Spiral"

Alice In Chains "Jar of Flies"

Isis "In The Absence of Truth"

My all-time favorite albums. Must haves.
Very nice! I pretty much love those albums. Oceanic by Isis is also a great one, really cool drum sound in my opinion.

My top, however, is Lateralus by Tool. It might sound pretentious but this album really opened my eyes when it came out. Really resuscitated my love for musical composition. 10,000 Days is a great album as well.

Another epic album is The Eye of Every Storm by Neurosis. A great band, very provoking.

METAL:eek:k basicly if you wan the fastest rawest and best drumming, metal is where its at. death metal is just errghhh. blast beats the whole way through, a compleate waste of time, every onme can blast beat, nothing special. however, slipknot:disaster peice, slipknot, all hope is gone(album names). joey jordison is a ledgend no matter how you look at him. trivium(shogun):travis smith is again a compleate and uter genious on the kit. BMTH(bring me the horrizon)(count your blessings). matt nichols is again an awesome drummer however BMTH do collaberate some blast beats with the harmonic power metal beats. fanaly i would say just for the sheer entertainment value check out: thomas lang, on youtube because he is insane as well. i dont know whether or not he is in a band. he is more the showcase drummer but still awesome.

The doors- strange days
A Perfect cirle- mer de noms
Iron butterfly Heavy
The velvet underground- banana album
Joy division- unknown pleasures
Stone roses- the complete SR
The strokes- is this it?

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Stones - Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main Street
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
The Small Faces - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake
Steely Dan - Aja
BB King - Live at the Regal
The Beatles - Rubber Soul/Revolver/Pepper/White Album
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue/Four & More/In a Silent Way
Elvis - Elvis Presley
Paul Weller - Wild Wood
Richard Hawley - Coles Corner
King Curtis - Live at the Filmore

Plus anything by Nick Drake, Curtis Mayfield, The Impressions, Booker T & the MG's, The Meter's, Bob Marley & the Wailers oh the list goes on!!!

there's a few to be getting on with anyway!

Reign in Blood, The Wall, Animals, Led Zeppelin I....II...III....IV, Rust in Peace, Get Out of My Yard, Aenima, Lateralus, Among the Living, Ride the Lightning, Songs for the Deaf.....I'm doing my best not to keep going hahah

Reign in Blood, The Wall, Animals, Led Zeppelin I....II...III....IV, Rust in Peace, Get Out of My Yard, Aenima, Lateralus, Among the Living, Ride the Lightning, Songs for the Deaf.....I'm doing my best not to keep going hahah

Ride the Lightning is AMAZING!!!!!!!
Creeping Death/For Whom the Bell Tolls/Ride the Lightning/Fade to Black, I could go on!

RAMMSTEIN -> Live Us Berlin.
WHITE ZOMBIE -> LA Sexorcisto, Astro Creep:2000.
THIN LIZZY -> Life Live.
THE CULT -> Love, Electric.
JUDAS PRIEST -> Sin After Sin, Screaming for Vengeance, Point of Entry.
METALLICA -> Kill Em' All, Reload, Death Magnetic.
THE SEX PISTOLS -> Flogging a dead horse.
POWERMAN 5000 -> The Stars revolt tonight.
IRON MAIDEN -> Killers, Piece of Mind.
MEGADETH -> Forclosure of a dream.
DEEP PURPLE -> In Rock, Fireball, Made In Japan, Made In Europe, Orchestra.
LED ZEPPELIN -> III, Presence.
THE WHO -> Tommy.
AC/DC -> Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Highway to hell, Back In Black, Black Ice.
JIMI HENDRIX -> Live at Monterrey.
WASP -> The last Command.
MOTLEY CRUE -> Shout at the devil, Theatre of Pain.
HANOI ROCKS -> Boulevard of broken dreams.
THE DOORS -> The Best of...
MOTORHEAD -> Bomber.
DOKKEN -> Under lock and key.
OZZY OSBOURNE -> A Diary of a madman, No more tears.
BLACK SABBATH -> Heaven & Hell, Paranoid.
GUNS N' ROSES -> Appetitte for Destruction.
QUEEN -> Sheer Heart Attack, Jazz.
FIGHT -> War of Words.
VAN HALEN -> I, II, Women & Children First, Fair Warning, Diverdown, 1984.

Best Regards,

These are my "desert island" albums:

Pearl Jam - Ten
AC/DC - Powerage
Aerosmith - Rocks
Tool - Aenima
Tool - Lateralus
Led Zeppelin - I
Led Zeppelin - II
Rush - A Farewell to Kings
Rage Against the Machine - Evil Empire
Black Sabbath - Paranoid