What's with the sudden pike in visitors???

mrbling

Silver Member
just noticed this over 2000 people on here the other day it was 600 and jut a few weeks ago it was only 250 or so. whats happening

Re: whats with the sudden pike in visitors???

where are you seeing this number??

Edit: Gotcha, there are 350 right now and it said 2000 plus today at 6:00PM??? No clue..

By the looks of things every single one is veiwing the Steve Hass thread too. I've checked it out, but I'm obviously missing something........there's 3 pages of guests viewing it as I type this and it's been the same for a couple of days now. Anyone know why this thread is so popular?

I thought it was all the non drumming band members trying to hack our beloved site. Guess the word got out about their timing issues or something like that. ??

My guess is that the vast majority of the "visitors" are search engine robots.

I used to be a member of another, much smaller, web forum and you could see the current visitors and I'd guess that 90% were search bots.

......................." they are here !!!! ".............................

I used to be a member of another, much smaller, web forum and you could see the current visitors and I'd guess that 90% were search bots.

This is all new to me, I turn computers on, push a few buttons and see what I want to see. The rest is over my head........what the hell is a search engine robot, Pol? And what is it searching for?

This is all new to me, I turn computers on, push a few buttons and see what I want to see. The rest is over my head........what the hell is a search engine robot, Pol? And what is it searching for?

PFOG, search bots (also known as "spiders") "crawl" the web looking for pages to index for search results. Google's one is called Googlebot. You'll find that highly-ranked sites like this one are indexed within a day which will give you an idea of how quickly and efficiently the Googelbot operates, given the billions of pages it must cover. And it's just one search bot.

I like your new avatar BTW, although it doesn't yet register with me as "you". It kinda looks like what Norman Bates's hand would have looked like by the shower curtain had he been a drummer :)

PFOG, search bots (also known as "spiders") "crawl" the web looking for pages to index for search results. Google's one is called Googlebot. You'll find that highly-ranked sites like this one are indexed within a day which will give you an idea of how quickly and efficiently the Googelbot operates, given the billions of pages it must cover. And it's just one search bot.

I like your new avatar BTW, although it doesn't yet register with me as "you". It kinda looks like what Norman Bates's hand would have looked like by the shower curtain had he been a drummer :)

It's a whole 'nother world Pol.

Avatar was a bit of an in joke with the good wife. I was on the pad as she was on the phone the other day......needless to say I was told to shut it or the sticks would be firewood. So I had cause to hold my sticks aloft and (doing my best Charlton Heston) declared "from my cold dead hands!!". Stumbled on that pic the next day and HAD to nick it for an avatar.

Avatar was a bit of an in joke with the good wife. I was on the pad as she was on the phone the other day......needless to say I was told to shut it or the sticks would be firewood. So I had cause to hold my sticks aloft and (doing my best Charlton Heston) declared "from my cold dead hands!!". Stumbled on that pic the next day and HAD to nick it for an avatar.

Yeah, it's another language. I was designing websites and graphics for a few years - nothing too commercial, just favours for friends, quid pro quo and small payments. I first learned it by reading "HTML for Dummies" on the bus on the way to and from work.

Nice background on your avatar, PFOG. It looks pretty savage. There a payoff for partners of drummers, though. One, we have rhythm and know how to lock in with the ... rest of the rhythm section (ahem) and two, we can give killer massages, at least the tapotements. That should be nice compensation for your partner :)

I suspect a drumming video hit one of the link aggregators like Fark or Digg causing a surge in traffic.

My guess...

Blizzards and snowstorms...nation wide!

Should also be a spike in childbirths, say...'bout Oct./Nov. 2010. Wink...wink.

My guess is it's the new thread on my Unix snare with all those nice pictures. That baby's a head turner...
;-)

Got a good laugh out of the Charlton Heston reference..To funny.........

this is pretty much it.

whats with the sudden pike in visitors

for a long time i didnt know demilich cds were availible, i found out about them a few years ago, i see pictures of them up here and all that, are they back together? im in the dark about this band currently.

Visitors will be piked, kthx:

vlad_the_impaler_ilustration_germanic__3.jpg

Moldy, that looks like an od woodcut. what the heck is that from?

I remember seeing this image on a documentary about the origin of "Dracula" or some old ruler of Transylvania back in the middle ages. Very sombering if you try to visualize it as real and in front of you. Correct me if I m mistaken...

Back