Travis Barker

The only good thing about Travis Barker is that he gets people in to drumming. The fact that he runs a clothing line or is in a famous group does NOT make him a better drummer, however. He is not a very skilled drummer, per se, but he does seem to be feeling the music that he plays, and that makes appear a bit more skillful to the non-drummer. I disagree with the above poster as I think that he is extremely overrated, but that is not Travis' fault, it is the people who talk about how good he is.

Running a clothing line most certainly does not make him a better drummer in any way lol. I mentioned that because Famous Stars and Straps is quickly becoming more and more popular everyday, and Travis is the mastermind behind it. More FSAS clothing = more recognition for Travis. Nor does Blink make him a better drummer. It's the fact that the three of them as a band are so successful at what they do, they have millions upon millions of fans.

hahaha. Sir, are you kidding me?!?

PLEASE tell me your joking. Their last album, the self-titled album, was a big departure from all previous albums, as it was darker, and heavier influenced, but without a doubt remains in the punk rock genre.

You're wrong. It's more punk pop/alternative. Bad Religion is punk rock, along with many other "real" punk rock bands. By the way, travis barker is very over rated.

You're wrong. It's more punk pop/alternative. Bad Religion is punk rock, along with many other "real" punk rock bands. By the way, travis barker is very over rated.

You're very overrated and have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:
You're very overrated and have no idea what you're talking about.

I have no idea? You crack me up. Please explain how I am overrated, I can't wait to hear this one, bub. I'm guessing you wear all Travis Barkers stupid clothes and try to be just like him. "Blink-182 is an American rock band from Poway, California that predominantly plays pop punk music"

Thanks, have a bad day.

P.S -

YDKS.

I have no idea? You crack me up. Please explain how I am overrated, I can't wait to hear this one, bub. I'm guessing you wear all Travis Barkers stupid clothes and try to be just like him. "Blink-182 is an American rock band from Poway, California that predominantly plays pop punk music"

Thanks, have a bad day.

P.S -

YDKS.

You don't have any idea. You crack me up too. Allow me to explain how you're overrated. I'm sure you can't wait to hear this one, bub. I'm guessing you don't wear all Travis Barkers stupid clothes and don't try to be just like him. "Blink-182 is an American rock band from Poway, California that predominantly plays pop punk music" -Straight from wiki. Look's like someone has done their research. To flat out call me wrong is quite hysterical. Maybe you're thinking of AVA - they're Pop/Rock.

So. watch this early video of blink, and tell me it isn't punk. bub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZMqpBygM8U

Hahha and not saying that I do (I'm a 205 lbs. highschool football player; you'll usually catch me in a cut-off tee and some nike shorts) wear quote, "travis barker" clothes, but what would be wrong with that? It would be a way of showing support for an icon. It would be no different than wearing nike or underarmor.

P.S.

Want to re-think your "YDKS" comment now?

Last edited:
Nah, I won't rethink anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_punk_bands,_0–K

Read what it says for Blink-182.

A pop-punk band who were very popular between 1999 and 2005.

Let me guess, wikipedia is wrong....

LOL@U You're just a poser, and follower who has crappy taste in music that you don't even know what the real genre is.

LISTEN TO MESHUGGAH, THEY ACTUALLY HAVE TALENT.

P.S - Real punks bands are like "The Clash" - "The Addicts" "Bad Religion" "Dropkick Murphys"

WE CAN DO THIS ALL DAY.

The mainstream pop punk of latter-day bands such as Blink-182 is criticized by many punk rock devotees; in critic Christine Di Bella's words, "It's punk taken to its most accessible point, a point where it barely reflects its lineage at all, except in the three-chord song structures."

http://www.last.fm/group/Punk/forum/12570/_/288666

LET ME GUESS, THEY ARE ALL WRONG ALSO? ^

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to say how I'm over rated.

Nah, I won't rethink anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_punk_bands,_0–K

Read what it says for Blink-182.

A pop-punk band who were very popular between 1999 and 2005.

Let me guess, wikipedia is wrong....

LOL@U You're just a poser, and follower who has crappy taste in music that you don't even know what the real genre is.

LISTEN TO MESHUGGAH, THEY ACTUALLY HAVE TALENT.

P.S - Real punks bands are like "The Clash" - "The Addicts" "Bad Religion" "Dropkick Murphys"

WE CAN DO THIS ALL DAY.

The mainstream pop punk of latter-day bands such as Blink-182 is criticized by many punk rock devotees; in critic Christine Di Bella's words, "It's punk taken to its most accessible point, a point where it barely reflects its lineage at all, except in the three-chord song structures."

http://www.last.fm/group/Punk/forum/12570/_/288666

LET ME GUESS, THEY ARE ALL WRONG ALSO? ^

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to say how I'm over rated.

ALL DAY BABY...ALL DAY

LOUD NOISES

Poser noob!!!

Yours truely, bub.

Last edited:
This fight is not only immature (on one side, excuse me), but also one-sided and funny. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

as a rolling stone article read in this month's issue, "blink182, either you love them or you hate them, is one of the defining bands of the last decade" let's be real here, blink182, as much as some of you must hate them, has really paved the way for every emo, pop-punk, punk, post hardcore, and scene band out there today. sure travis barker isn't the greatest drummer out there, but he has talent. i saw blink a couple nights ago in Mansfield, MA and travis's solo was really awesome. sure it was pretty simple (nothing but cool hiphop beats and 32nd notes) but it was entertaining if anything. i've been listening to blink since i was about 4 years old, dude ranch being my first cd, and i've always been nothing but entertained by them. some of the stuff is a little impressive but never anything jaw-dropping. but i dont think a band has to play in 19 different time signatures, change tempos every 4 measures, have sweeping guitar solos, and a monster drum set, to be impressive. it's the same thing with a lot of drummers. my friend told me "you're not that good cause you only play in 4/4 and don't do poly rhythms." and it's just like, why do i have to do that? i'm good at what i do, i can keep a beat, have a flashy fill once and a while, and stay on tempo. personally i hate drummers like mike portnoy, thomas hakke, and all those progressive players. not cause they're not good, but because i think it's just simply over playing. i'd rather listen to a simple bass on 1 and 3, snare of 2 and 4 song with a dirty guitar and root note bass line than a crazy poly rhythm, confusing guitar part, and almost robotic bass part. as paul mcartney once said "music shouldn't be confusing, it should be magically simple." so just because travis barker is flashy and not technical doesn't make him terrible. if you want to talk about amazing drummers, lets talk meg white...

Im going to see Blink play on Wed. at Hershey Park. Im taking my 14 year old daughter. I like Barker I think he's the perfect drummer for that band....plays fast and clean. (Im 37) Ha Ha!!

i scoured youtube for ANY travis barker video of him doing ANY good drumming.
my result: 0 vids. the only 'clever' one is where hes on the moving platform playing, as guessed, straight 16th notes with no groove, feel, or any other musical technicality.

imo, travis is a hack. and the only reason people like him is because he ''looks'' cool while playing. if they could open their eyes past that, then he wouldnt have such a large fan base.
sure, he came from blink 182, but all i ever saw in them was a grown-up jonas brothers... all looks, not-so-great music IMO

sure you can say that, but it takes a lot for a band to start a genre.

Meh. I'd barely call it genre-starting, there were bands around before them that they took inspiration, and bands have subsequently done the same. Even so, it's such a poor and fruitless genre that it's better just to concentrate on their own output.

i scoured youtube for ANY travis barker video of him doing ANY good drumming.
my result: 0 vids. the only 'clever' one is where hes on the moving platform playing, as guessed, straight 16th notes with no groove, feel, or any other musical technicality.

imo, travis is a hack. and the only reason people like him is because he ''looks'' cool while playing. if they could open their eyes past that, then he wouldnt have such a large fan base.
sure, he came from blink 182, but all i ever saw in them was a grown-up jonas brothers... all looks, not-so-great music IMO

lol are you really comparing them to the jonas brothers? (don't think the jonas brothers are past the "PG" type of lifestyle) and I would like to see you beat travis in a drum off. Then I'll respect your comments.

One other thing, it's not like Travis set out to be a solo artist, professional drummer. So the fact that he's as famous as he is....must mean he's doing something right, considering he's just the drummer for a punk rock band.

Last edited:
Back