Eliminator doubles $150 at best Buy

scarlit

Silver Member
FIY...Best Buy is blowing out Eliminator Doubles at $150 a pop and the 900 doubles for $100.

Go to the "In store clearance and open box" on their site and check out what your local BB has in stock. They're letting tons of music gear go cheap.

Available items depend on store location. Didn't see any pedals available locally, but luckily don't need any. You probably have to walk in to verify what is avail.

I did pick up my DW Collectors 6 piece with snare and stands a few years back when they started clearing stuff out. Best deal ever. Don't think I could have bought them without the sale.

I've been watching just a couple items at the local Best Buy store, but a lot of prices haven't changed.

Also, almost everything says " Price valid at this store only and pick up available at this store only....", and you can't order it.

So, if you see something that looks good at a store close to you, it's probably a good time to pick it up.
The store near me said they planed on being done with the music department by the middle of this month - almost done.

I've been watching just a couple items at the local Best Buy store, but a lot of prices haven't changed.

Also, almost everything says " Price valid at this store only and pick up available at this store only....", and you can't order it.

So, if you see something that looks good at a store close to you, it's probably a good time to pick it up.
The store near me said they planed on being done with the music department by the middle of this month - almost done.

Definitely a "walk in" situation based on what's there. They have a few cymbals left locally, but nothing that would make me pull the trigger on things I already have.

Sadly, the local one maybe has a month or so left.

Wow, tons of stuff on clearance. They do this every-so-often and drop prices to ridiculous levels. I suspect they'll be getting out of the musical instrument area soon and this may be part of it.

Last year, I got the DW5000 double pedals for $90. Bought two and sold them both (wish I would've kept one!) Also bought many Zildjians at 50% off street price, which is crazy!

Bought a DW Collectors set for 50% off street price too, which was just crazy. LOL

Last time they were blowing stuff out I bought a DW9000 hi hat for $99. They had a 6 piece DW Collector's on the shelf for under $2k. I had just bought a Saturn and couldn't justify dropping more money. Probably should have pulled the trigger on that one.

I don't know if all the Best Buy stores that have a musical instrument department are dissolving that part of their store, but the couple I've been too definitely are. I visited one this past weekend and the person in charge of the department told me that May 17th would be the end. They might still sell off some left over equipment, but much of their guitars and drum equipment is gone, as well as many of their power amps. He said that many musical stores in the area are buying things hand over fist. I walked out with a couple hundred dollars worth of Remo Ambassador and Emporer heads and some audio snakes.

Dennis

The Best Buy near me never even had musical instruments. Too bad.

I don't know if all the Best Buy stores that have a musical instrument department are dissolving that part of their store, but the couple I've been too definitely are. I visited one this past weekend and the person in charge of the department told me that May 17th would be the end. They might still sell off some left over equipment, but much of their guitars and drum equipment is gone, as well as many of their power amps. He said that many musical stores in the area are buying things hand over fist. I walked out with a couple hundred dollars worth of Remo Ambassador and Emporer heads and some audio snakes.

Dennis

I was told that the one near me is closing the music area too. My buddy said they told him the end of this month.

Best Buy had no idea what they were doing and the stock hardly changed at all over the past few years. I'd pop in often and find things on clearance. The best deals were the Zildjian cymbals at 50% off for a particular weekend or whatever. I bought several new cymbals at used prices, which is cool.

The bad news is that I pretty much single handedly bought all the good stuff over the past few years and now there's really nothing left I want. ha ha

I was told that the one near me is closing the music area too. My buddy said they told him the end of this month.

Best Buy had no idea what they were doing and the stock hardly changed at all over the past few years. I'd pop in often and find things on clearance. The best deals were the Zildjian cymbals at 50% off for a particular weekend or whatever. I bought several new cymbals at used prices, which is cool.

The bad news is that I pretty much single handedly bought all the good stuff over the past few years and now there's really nothing left I want. ha ha

That's funny. I bought just about all the DW stuff there. That stuff went pretty quick on clearance.

Back