Reversing a bass drum beater?

ksahoo24

Alright, so I have a set of Dual Iron Cobra pedals and i want more attack from the beaters.
I've seen other drummers reverse there beaters to do the same, but these are shaped different. It WILL fall flat on the head, and i also have a sheild (Sticker thing to protect it)
So, would it be ok? or will the unusual shape destroy the head?

The two beaters on each end are both felt. One is "double sided" the other isn't. The double sided beater is designed to be turned around so that the plastic side of the beater contacts the head. Yours clearly isn't. Get the other one.

Well, i know that. I just don't want to go spend 25 dollars+shipping to find out i could have just reversed it. Do you think it would do any harm to my bass drum head?

Well, i know that. I just don't want to go spend 25 dollars+shipping to find out i could have just reversed it.

If I thought you could just safely reverse it, I wouldn't have recommended getting the other one.

Do you think it would do any harm to my bass drum head?

Given the reverse side is neither flat nor soft, I'll wager it isn't gonna be good for it.

I know you may not wanna fork out for a beater, but I'm guessing you'll need a new head sooner rather than later anyway.....how much do they cost?

If I thought you could just safely reverse it, I wouldn't have recommended getting the other one.

Given the reverse side is neither flat nor soft, I'll wager it isn't gonna be good for it.

I know you may not wanna fork out for a beater, but I'm guessing you'll need a new head sooner rather than later anyway.....how much do they cost?

Don't know if you're talking about a head or a beater... so
Head: Evans EMAD2 probably 30 or 40 i think.
Beaters: Wooden beaters, 11 dollars each. (22 dollars +tax/shipping)

I have no job, so that's why I didn't want to put a hole in my pocket.

Back