Show us your Rackless tom Set Ups

Me 3-piece Spaun/Legend/Zildjian/Sabian/LP kit.

Wow, that's hot. I love black sparkle.

Mine doesn't really qualify, having no toms at all, but I need practice with my new mini-camera.

Here's the long view.I like how it looks set up across from the '69 Super Reverb.

Very cool picture. I dig the set too.

This is my current set up, I have a 10 and 12 inch tom with this kit, but there off for now.

I'm starting to like this setup.

I should be replacing the cymbals soon hopefully.

I put a wallet on the floor tom that I found laying around my house.

Attachments

• DSCI0018.JPG
    DSCI0018.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 2,302
how can you play a drum set without any rack toms

i play my set with 7 toms 2 snares and 1 bass

how can you play a drum set without any rack toms

It's about deciding which sounds are wants and which sounds are needs, then learning to want only what you need. If you need more sounds than your creativity can pull out of three drums, then by all means, use more.

I like to play stuff like Avenged Sevenfold sometimes and I can still utilize one floor tom into some of the songs without sounding bad haha.

actually its with 2 floor toms so i play 5 rack toms. but it takes skill

actually its with 2 floor toms so i play 5 rack toms. but it takes skill

I used to play a set larger than yours, but as my abilities increased, the size of my set decreased. You should try paring down to a three piece, you might be surprised how nice it is. I've been playing a three piece for eight years now, never thought about going back.

Started out as a five piece guy, then went to three piece after seeing it used by many good drummers, then now with my one floor tom I actually started doing that because I was still tuning my rack tom so it was off the kit and I started playing it with one floor tom and I actually enjoyed using just that.

Oh, and Travis Orbin is beast.

Back