What's the story behind your user name?

but its 10.7KB, that's really small.

Looks like it saved to me. I see it in your profile, it's a car with some rather unusual artwork on it. Perhaps you're looking for an avatar, not a profile picture. Like, for example.. my avatar is my dog.

Looks like it saved to me. I see it in your profile, it's a car with some rather unusual artwork on it. Perhaps you're looking for an avatar, not a profile picture. Like, for example.. my avatar is my dog.

so that's why... its there now, thanks!

say, your from seattle washington? I was going to go to a cc called green river in Auburn but decided De Anza instead. Nice kit, i think i'll have to stick with practice pads in CA.

Last edited:
I'll bore you all with the 'story' behind my username - it's a Seinfeld reference, any fans of the show?

Art Vandelay along with A.G. Pennypacker and Cal Varnsen were the 'alter egos' of George, Kramer, and Jerry in the show. I always got a kick out of these names and funny names in tv shows in general - especially Curb your enthusiasm and seinfeld. Happy Festivus everyone

I'll bore you all with the 'story' behind my username - it's a Seinfeld reference, any fans of the show?

Art Vandelay along with A.G. Pennypacker and Cal Varnsen were the 'alter egos' of George, Kramer, and Jerry in the show. I always got a kick out of these names and funny names in tv shows in general - especially Curb your enthusiasm and seinfeld. Happy Festivus everyone

Paging Dr. Van Nostrand...........

thtst, I was wondering about your username. Thought it might have been an acronym.

It is, and now that i have announced what it stands for on the site www.THTST.com here it goes:

There was a contest to guess the album's title and to date no one was able to guess correctly. Instead of just coming out and saying what the THTST means, please listen to Led Zeppelin's In Through The Out Door song titled "All My Love". Pay special attention to the lyrics after the solo break.

(for DW'ers i'll spell it out)

Yours is 'the cloth', mine is...

The Hand(s) That Sew Time

Album sales have been quite good btw. (knocking wood......... blocks :) ) Feedback from listeners is very positive, with a divergence of those who want me to do another album with nothing but 'all-out' drumming and those who want me to do more etherial mellow melodic/tonal/textural 'aural' sounds. Just submitted the album to the Percussive Arts Society a few days back as well to get their feedback.

Geri Attrique = geriatric, geddit! Crazy old bird luddite...well, not that old, but not in my 20s...and maybe not too much of a luddite as I am posting this very message on the "interweb".

Schmidt being my last night, rhyming with shit, which is like dipshit, only dipschmidt. yeah? :D I made it up too, I think its funny.

when i started to look for other people to learn to play with they were surprised when they turned up to find an old woman. I did not want to put people off by starting email and ads with---"hi I am a 60 year old woman" thought most people would not read much furthur. so I decided to get the point over in my user name on musicians websites. And now I have just got used to it. Mind you some people must not look at user names or email addresses because people still got a shock.

My current band do not mind playing with a wrinkly, they are in their 20's and a good bunch of lads. Dont do their image much harm, people do not normally notice who is behind the drums. Often after a gig whilst mingling people are realy surprised when I say I am the drummer, they had not even noticed it was a woman, never mind an older one.

Awesome! How long have you been playing for?

It's simple I have DREADS coming out of my SKULL.

2i87u6q.jpg

I joined back in 2006...I was 25 and was a chain smoker. My friends and band members called me nicotine (real name is Nick)...may have to change it though I quit on Halloween of 2008 cold turkey and haven't looked back.

I was born in '56' and I'm also into comic books. I'm just a big kid.

Back when I made my account I was obsessed with the Rev. That was like 3 years ago. I still love his playing and he's really tasty. RIP Jimmy

I stated playing two years ago and my drum set is a Yamaha yd. I have played a lot of drum sets but this is my favorite. My avatar is a picture of my kit and is even the right color however i put on s lot more cymbals.

Back