any cheap long board pedals?

I have large feet and my dw 7000 just doesn't feel comfortable. Are there any long board pedals out there that don't cost an arm and a leg? It almost seems like every company out there charges an extra 2-300 bucks just for an extra inch or two.

I have large feet and my dw 7000 just doesn't feel comfortable. Are there any long board pedals out there that don't cost an arm and a leg? It almost seems like every company out there charges an extra 2-300 bucks just for an extra inch or two.

Look into making, or getting your own long board (and base plate) made for you. Design it to your foot size.

Check out my avatar. I used to make and sell a kit to convert your pedal into a long board. It was $35 per pedal (so $70 for a double). I sold around a dozen kits, then decided it wasn't worth the effort.
They work great though!
I'll attach another pic

Attachments

• INSTRUCTION.jpg
    INSTRUCTION.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 846
  • pedal kit.JPG
    pedal kit.JPG
    405.2 KB · Views: 1,246
Check out my avatar. I used to make and sell a kit to convert your pedal into a long board. It was $35 per pedal (so $70 for a double). I sold around a dozen kits, then decided it wasn't worth the effort.
They work great though!

They're a really cool mod dude. Shame they didn't sell great though, they should of done. The OP is right with how long boards cost an arm and a leg!

Biggest problem was I never went past selling them on ebay. I spent a lot of time answering idiotic questions, then someone would order one thinking they were getting the whole pedal.....return... PITA

If I was motivated enough I would try to go to guitar center or somewhere with them.

Biggest problem was I never went past selling them on ebay. I spent a lot of time answering idiotic questions, then someone would order one thinking they were getting the whole pedal.....return... PITA

If I was motivated enough I would try to go to guitar center or somewhere with them.

wow, if you still have a few collecting dust, i would love to buy one!

did you buy or make the replacement pedal? If you made it do you happen to have the dimensions you used so I don't have to reproduce work that's already been done? I'm almost curious if I can get some of the metal fabrication guys here on base to make me some pedals in exhange for beer.

Well, I can tell you they are I think 12.5" long, .25" thick. The rest of it is just kind of make it fit/look good.

I only have one left, I was kind of saving it for just in case I get a DW hi-hat one of these days.
I am still contemplating selling them through a major distributor. If I thought their was enough of a demand I would look for someone to make them (I sold my equipment).

Funny thing, the wb on the pedal is actually where whiteboy in my name comes from.

Well, I can tell you they are I think 12.5" long, .25" thick. The rest of it is just kind of make it fit/look good.

I only have one left, I was kind of saving it for just in case I get a DW hi-hat one of these days.
I am still contemplating selling them through a major distributor. If I thought their was enough of a demand I would look for someone to make them (I sold my equipment).

Funny thing, the wb on the pedal is actually where whiteboy in my name comes from.

There's a market alright. Direct drive and long board kits for Iron Cobra, replacement ceramic bearings etc. This stuff would sell.

Converting DW 5000's is a fairly easy accomplishment if you have some metal skills. 1/4" x 3" aluminum stock works well. I made mine out of about 3/16"( Thickness of aluminum is usally measured in decimals...) A good hacksaw, power drill and bits, 40 or 80 grit sandpaper. You will also need stock to extend the rear hinge out. I drilled holes in mine to lighten them as much as possible. the front where the chain comes down is just a rolled edge, and fasten with one screw. I used roll pins for a chain guide to keep it from ever jumping off to the side. Mine are 12 and 3/8" long. Don't go any longer than necessary. I have 11 and 1'2 feet and play barefoot. Use stainless screws and nuts, lockwashers and locktight.

Thomann (Germany) do make their own make of Long Board,Direct Drive Pedals called "Millenium-The Strike",Double Pedal costs £150.00,and Single Pedal £70.00,I use them on my Practice Kit,They are very well made,and really strong.There is no reason that i would not take them out on a Gig.

The Pearl Demonator is a long board and retails somewhere around £70 in the UK. After using one in our rehearsal rooms I went out and bought one within about a week. It's been the best pedal I've ever used, very smooth and it suits me down to the ground. My bass pedal work has come on leaps and bounds and it gives me the confidence to try stuff I simply wasn't happy to attempt with other pedals.

Back