Do you like Avril Lavigne?

+ Shakira, Joan Jett, Lita ford, Amy Winehouse, Azucar Moreno, Doro Pesch, Nina Hagen, Nena...

Good lord i created a moster by coming to the defense of Avril in the Jonas Brothers thread. I think Avril is a very talented, well-rounded musician (not rounded THAT way, you perverts, okay, she is that too). She can play piano (very well imo), guitar (well enough to do a 3 chord progression), drums (well enought o keep a beat in time and throw in basic fills, sing (in tune) and write songs. Unless you can do all of that, you really shouldn't be criticizing her. Her songs are poppy and top-40-ish and she is selling sexiness, but she does it soooo well (eg.- that girlfriend song, the line she sings "i don't wanna hear you say her name ever again!!!" I was like, dammmnnn that was HOTTTT!!!) Unlike the Jonas Brothers who i always feel are puppets in a mega-corporate scheme and the object of teen exploitation, i just get the vibe that avril's producers and record company let her call all of her own shots and that's just the person she is.

i also like Kelly Clarkson, Nelly Furtado, Carrie Underwood, and Alanis Morrisette. Wanna fight over it or what???

Naw, I've been my entire life to make a group like this.

Okay, not reeally, but I really liked her previous even to joining Drummer World.

Good lord i created a moster by coming to the defense of Avril in the Jonas Brothers thread. I think Avril is a very talented, well-rounded musician (not rounded THAT way, you perverts, okay, she is that too). She can play piano (very well imo), guitar (well enough to do a 3 chord progression), drums (well enought o keep a beat in time and throw in basic fills, sing (in tune) and write songs. Unless you can do all of that, you really shouldn't be criticizing her. Her songs are poppy and top-40-ish and she is selling sexiness, but she does it soooo well (eg.- that girlfriend song, the line she sings "i don't wanna hear you say her name ever again!!!" I was like, dammmnnn that was HOTTTT!!!) Unlike the Jonas Brothers who i always feel are puppets in a mega-corporate scheme and the object of teen exploitation, i just get the vibe that avril's producers and record company let her call all of her own shots and that's just the person she is.

i also like Kelly Clarkson, Nelly Furtado, Carrie Underwood, and Alanis Morrisette. Wanna fight over it or what???

I know what you mean. I do agree that there are a lot of bands who just sound poppy because that's just the sort of music they like writing. Also I'm definetly not complaining about AM, She had Taylor Hawkins as her drummer before he joined foo fighters.
I hate KC but i do rather lol at the cover version that A Day to Remember did of since u been gone.

Last edited:
Avril is about the best thing to come out of Napanee, Ontario since Goodyear tires. Her sucess is insipring not only for Canadian musicians but for small town girls with big city dreams as well. She's got a rockin' bod and seems to have a more authentic and real personallity when compared to most celebrities of her class - or at least markets herself that way.

Lastly, and most importantly, you simply can't argue with Josh Freeze's rock solid drumming on nearly all her work.

out of the myriad of Disney bands at least she has a little edge.

I'll admit it, there are a few tunes I will listen to

Join the Group!

Guys (and Girls) That Like Avril Lavigne And Aren't Afraid To Admit It

GTLALAAATAI.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/group.php?groupid=44

The big acronym is pretty much a rip off of, PEWFLADCC, but out all the mod-attracting contriversy.

watermark.php

Sign me up.

Nah...
Cant stand girls with attitude ....

Tho her drummer on Skaterboy obviously had good taste as he had his DW in the same finish/colour as mine!!! Emerald stain c/w gold h/w !!!! :-D

No! To me she sounds like a 14 year old little girl. Through my granddaughter, I've heard a lot (A LOT) of her music. She's what, 25 years old? Sorry, I just don't get the appeal. To me, Taylor Swift is much more talented and only 18-19 years old.

Well, Taylor Swift's first album was ok but she seems a little too disney-ish for me these days. Things went wrong as soon as she started getting commercially succesfull I think. In the music video for "our song" I could practically bathe in her make-up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JEfZHLSNXU

Is all that stuff necessary? I doubt it, she seems attractive enough to walk around without all that grease on her face.

By the way I joined.

Last edited:
Avril is my favourite female singer. She is from Canada. And she became world famous when she was only 17. She is very cool and special, very popular among teenagers even in our China.
But I love her music more than her own characher. Her music style is rock and punk.Her voice is very special. You can feel strengh in her voice. Every time when I am upset or depressed, I listen to her songs. Thouth her music is a little noisy, I feel peaceful while listening. The songs teach me to be strong and be brave to face the dificulties in life.

Back