Gibraltar Hihat Clutch

Jorge89

The new Gibraltar Quick Release Hi Hat Clutch has been the most inexpensive yet best drum purchase I've made in a while. It's durable and actually works. You no longer have to "screw" them together. Just a pull and you're good to go.

To any drummer out there who has come across these and has been skeptical, dont be. Very good idea on Gibraltars part. I work at GuitarCenter and pretty much get to try and experiment with all products. This is one I feel has pretty much revolutionized the hihat clutch world... lol, dont know of any other way to say it. They also are pretty universal. (I have dw9000 2 leg hi hat stand)

Anyone else have it?...

The new Gibraltar Quick Release Hi Hat Clutch has been the most inexpensive yet best drum purchase I've made in a while. It's durable and actually works. You no longer have to "screw" them together. Just a pull and you're good to go.

To any drummer out there who has come across these and has been skeptical, dont be. Very good idea on Gibraltars part. I work at GuitarCenter and pretty much get to try and experiment with all products. This is one I feel has pretty much revolutionized the hihat clutch world... lol, dont know of any other way to say it. They also are pretty universal. (I have dw9000 2 leg hi hat stand)

Anyone else have it?...

Saw it. Got it. Have it. Love it.

Best new gizmo ever.

For some reason, I'm such a spaz screwing on my HH clutch with my left hand. I do nearly everything left handed and right handed. My clutch? No way.

This thing was a no brainer for me.

Love it.

-K

Yes, a Gibraltar rep was showing me one of these the other day; it's the shiznit.
I'm getting three! No stock yet at local dealer...

N

I've been using a Remo quick lock clutch for a while now. http://www.remo.com/portal/products/2/610/787/hh_clutch.html
The Remo is unthreaded where the cymbal sits to eliminate keyholing on the top hat. Can anyone comment if the threads on the Gibraltar stop above the cymbal position?

I also like the single-nut-with-spring approach on the Remo better than the two-nut setup. But the rod clamp on the Gubraltar looks nicer.

REMO QUICK-LOCK, they've been out for years.

The REMO QUICK CLUTCH is a little pricier than the GIBRALTAR.

If REMO was more on top of marketing theses this would've caught on earlier. Excellent clutch.

Pretty sure GIBRALTAR saw their good idea and ran with it. Either one, quick release is the 'way' when it comes to HH clutches.

Attachments

• Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,152
There's a video on Gibraltar's website and it looks like it is threaded in the felt area. This is a great idea. I'd be sold if they offered it in a drop clutch model.

Remo all the way then.

1. The bayonett-style fitting on the Remo is just as quick as the Evans.

2. The Remo doesn't have threads around the felts, so it can't keyhole your hats.

3. For adjusting felt tightness, the Remo has a single top nut with a spring to hold it in place, rather than the double-jam-nuts that a lot of clutches have. I much prefer the single nut with spring. The double-nutters seem to come loose unless you use pliers to lock them in place. Then you can't undo them without tools.

I got the pre-Remo model (yes Remo wasn't even the first one)

Been using it for years and I love it!

Together with the EXA LTD, they make change overs & build/breakdown easy as heck.

308670_284465834926882_180901661949967_910603_743793129_n.jpg

If it's threaded under the felts then no way. I key-holed my Quick Beats with one of those. Pee'd me off to no end.
I suppose one could flatten down the threads in the middle on a grinder wheel.

Whoever designs for cymbals at Gibraltar seems completely clueless about preventing damage.

I bought a Gibraltar x-hat, and the clutch has threading all the way up. No way I’m putting my cymbals on that destructo-matic.

I bought a Gibraltar cymbal boom arm (the kind you multiclamp onto another stand), and the centre rod is waaaaay fatter than any of my Pearl, Yamaha, and Tama cymbal stands, which means cymbals can hardly move before being abruptly stopped by the stand. No way I’m putting my cymbals on that destructo-matic either.

I don’t understand why that company still exists, given their products are so poorly-designed.

Just picked up the Gibraltar quick-release clutch last week. That, along with the Trick quick-release cymbal toppers (far better than Slick-Nuts, or that plastic gullwing garbage from Pearl) for all my cymbals, just makes my life SOOOO much easier. Let me just say that when you do 130-140 gigs a year (setting up/breaking down your own gear), it's the little things like dealing with all the screwing and unscrewing of wingnuts and hi-hat clutches that really start to irk me. Best drumming inventions in the last decade... AT LEAST.

Whoever designs for cymbals at Gibraltar seems completely clueless about preventing damage.

I bought a Gibraltar x-hat, and the clutch has threading all the way up. No way I’m putting my cymbals on that destructo-matic.

I bought a Gibraltar cymbal boom arm (the kind you multiclamp onto another stand), and the centre rod is waaaaay fatter than any of my Pearl, Yamaha, and Tama cymbal stands, which means cymbals can hardly move before being abruptly stopped by the stand. No way I’m putting my cymbals on that destructo-matic either.

I don’t understand why that company still exists, given their products are so poorly-designed.

Most clutches are threaded. My Yamaha, Gibraltar and DW clutches are all threaded. No problems ever with keyholing.

Gibraltar is supplied by the same company that supplies, Dixon, Worldmax, Cannon and some stuff for Ludwig as well and those are just the ones I know of.

I have been using all Dixon hardware, the same stands and pedals for almost 14 years now with no problems or repairs to the hardware and no damage to the cymbals or drums.

Every high hat clutch I have used in the last 33 years has been threaded the full length and have never damaged anything.

*Digs thread*

I've just noticed that ever since I started playing the hi-hat pedal properly, my hi-hat clutches need to be constantly re-tightened. I'm referring to the bottom screw that keeps the top hat secured. And it happens on every kit that I play.

Can I make this annoyance go away by getting one of these?

*Digs thread*

I've just noticed that ever since I started playing the hi-hat pedal properly, my hi-hat clutches need to be constantly re-tightened. I'm referring to the bottom screw that keeps the top hat secured. And it happens on every kit that I play.

Can I make this annoyance go away by getting one of these?

I've had the same problem as well. I need to do it at least once per few hour practice session. Idk if it's the clutch or the hihat (both thr standard ones that come with pearl Vision kits). But it's very frustrating since I constantly have to readjust and tighten it

I bought one. Two things i don't like: It's heavy and it's threaded all the way. I ended up putting some Plastidip (the rubberized stuff you dip tools in) around the threads.

I'm not crazy about it but i'm keeping it as a spare.

Back