I have an amazing idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow! That video was very cool and inspirational, thank you for sharing it. I went to their website, playingforchange.com, and I discovered that it was to help fight AIDS in Africa. Now, I don't want to get political (this is purely philosophical, we learned it in English class from the book Ishmael), but think about this: If we continue to feed the people in Africa who aren't self-sufficient, we aren't helping them--we're hurting them. If they are fed, clothed, and cured, it only increases their proliferation. And what does that lead to? You guessed it--even more people to feed, cloth, and cure. It's a never-ending cycle. Think about it.

Exactly. This is called "survival of the fittest."

Humans are too ethical, too "humane," to do this. We get guilty thinking about how and why we were "chosen" to have a better life. "Why them and not me?"

It'll never happen in a million years, unless the human race suddenly becomes indifferent towards other humans.....

Have you ever read "The White Man's Burden." ? It's horribly racist, but it's kind of the essence of why humans help other humans in need. We feel its our "Duty."

But dude, you should try that your idea, it seems fun. and that playforchange video was awesome! the tambourine player was rockin!!! those rolls were smoooooooooooooooooooooth.

Oh and you should learn to love the female voice. I sure do.

Wow! That video was very cool and inspirational, thank you for sharing it. I went to their website, playingforchange.com, and I discovered that it was to help fight AIDS in Africa. Now, I don't want to get political (this is purely philosophical, we learned it in English class from the book Ishmael), but think about this: If we continue to feed the people in Africa who aren't self-sufficient, we aren't helping them--we're hurting them. If they are fed, clothed, and cured, it only increases their proliferation. And what does that lead to? You guessed it--even more people to feed, cloth, and cure. It's a never-ending cycle. Think about it.

Seriously? I find that to be an extremely ignorant and ethnocentric thing to say. You didn't get remotely close to political, just plain ignorant. Think before you post stuff like that. You owe me at least $5 now for continuing to monitor your "Amazing Idea" thread as it spirals into poorly thought out xenophobic disrepair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back