I have an amazing idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

805Drummer

Gold Member
Here's the game plan:

I'll start a band. On Youtube. A Youtube band.

I get a bassist, guitarist, and a singer. I'll be the drummer.

We all agree on a song to play, and we record ourselves covering it, without the actual music playing.

They send all the clips to me, and I edit us all together into one kick-@$$ cover song

AMAZING IDEA, OR WHAT???

Now here's where you come in: Do you know any good guitarists, singers, or bassists who would like to do this? Or are you one yourself?

Ha.

Good luck. I don't know why this is amazing. But.....

It will be good expireience for you.

And yes I know ^^^^^^^^^^^^ is spelled wrong.

This has been done before.

Sorry.

Doesn't mean you can't do it, though.

Yeah, I realized it had been done before, and included this in my email. I guess it's more for fun, I guess. Plus, we can always put a spin on things=D

only problem i see with this is a potential for a vast potential difference in audio/visual quality of the different players.

Well, I typed up a nice email to send to people (without seeming too much like spam), and I'm watching their videos first to make sure the instrument sounds good, and they don't look too weird or anything. But the nice thing about doing this on Youtube is that if someone is acting up, or they suck at playing, or whatever, you can simply kick them out and find someone else. You have an unlimited amount of talent.

This is how many bands work today. They send mp3's back and forth and work out the parts.

Here's the game plan:

I'll start a band. On Youtube. A Youtube band.

I get a bassist, guitarist, and a singer. I'll be the drummer.

We all agree on a song to play, and we record ourselves covering it, without the actual music playing.

They send all the clips to me, and I edit us all together into one kick-@$$ cover song

AMAZING IDEA, OR WHAT???

Now here's where you come in: Do you know any good guitarists, singers, or bassists who would like to do this? Or are you one yourself?
YOU STOLE MY IDEA!! :p

I play guitar and bass, let me know what you're up to! Might be fun!

I play guitar and bass, let me know what you're up to! Might be fun!

Well, if you can play covers fairly easier, would you like to play bass? I think it'll be fairly easy to find a guitarist, but I'm not anticipating finding a bassist (especially a singer...).

Anyways, Guz2, feel free to do it...even though I had the idea, it's already been done before, so...

Yeah, I realized it had been done before, and included this in my email. I guess it's more for fun, I guess. Plus, we can always put a spin on things=D

Well, I typed up a nice email to send to people (without seeming too much like spam), and I'm watching their videos first to make sure the instrument sounds good, and they don't look too weird or anything. But the nice thing about doing this on Youtube is that if someone is acting up, or they suck at playing, or whatever, you can simply kick them out and find someone else. You have an unlimited amount of talent.

What kind of singer are you looking for?
Mainly what type of music.

What kind of singer are you looking for?
Mainly what type of music.

I'm thinking of doing pop rock, because even though a lot of musicians hate it (some like it, to be fair), it's fun to play, and the people like it. I was looking for a guy singer though, because I'm not a big fan of female singers singing songs that originally a guy had sung.

How much do I get paid for my time?

You're time doing what?

I'm not paying anyone...that's why ultimately, it would be great if they people participating already had a good fan base/ad revenue coming in, to benefit/profit from it.

I'm thinking of doing pop rock, because even though a lot of musicians hate it (some like it, to be fair), it's fun to play, and the people like it. I was looking for a guy singer though, because I'm not a big fan of female singers singing songs that originally a guy had sung.

I have a friend who's a singer, but she is a... she.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back