Order before they are gone........

Great deal! Wish they listed the @%^&#! SIZES. FAIL: Musicians' Friend.

Ordered 2 packs. For that price? Fuggetaboutit. It's like getting all those tom heads free. Plus I like the Emad kick head. I did a search on that pack, but couldn't find sizes either, so I called. He couldn't tell me either. The best info I could get is the bass drum box is 23" big, so I am assuming the bass drum is a 22". I'm sure I'll have some toms to fit the supplied head sizes. The guy said he had 80 packs left, but there were 20 orders pending, so people are snatching them up.

Last edited:
In the catalog that Musician's Friend sent out it says the heads are 10-12-14-16 G2 clear, 14 G1 coated, and a 22 EMAD.

I really didn't need any heads right now, but at that price I couldn't resist. Stock up and save!

Just tried - doesn't ship to Malaysia -(

I'm pretty sure they do ship to Malaysia. It's an option in the country tab, so I'm pretty sure they will.

I just went through the process to get them shipped to Taiwan, and it will cost $34 shipping, so it's a total of $74, which is still a pretty good deal.

I'm gonna bring that webpage over to my local music shop and see if they can at least come close to matching it.

In the catalog that Musician's Friend sent out it says the heads are 10-12-14-16 G2 clear, 14 G1 coated, and a 22 EMAD.

I really didn't need any heads right now, but at that price I couldn't resist. Stock up and save!

Too bad the only sizes I could use would be the 16" G2 and the 14" G1 coated. :(

They are discontinuing Emads. They already discontinued them.

No way! Evans discontinued them, or MF??

I didn't need heads either, but I also ordered two sets. Those are the exact drum sizes I play so it is perfect for me. And an incredible deal. I think the Emads used to sell for like 50 dollars or something by themselves at one point. Glad I saw this. Just saved me a lot of money. Pretty awesome stuff.

Too bad the only sizes I could use would be the 16" G2 and the 14" G1 coated. :(

No way! Evans discontinued them, or MF??

Just to be clear, the EMAD is not discontinued and I would highly doubt that Musician's Friend would stop carrying one of the best selling bass drum heads.

Just to be clear, the EMAD is not discontinued and I would highly doubt that Musician's Friend would stop carrying one of the best selling bass drum heads.

I am sorry for the misinformation. This is what I was told by the guy at Musicians Friend. He told me they already discontinued them. Since they were going for so cheap, I believed him. I'm glad you guys did not discontinue them. Again, sorry for the misinformation. I think I will remove that line from my earlier post so as not to cause any confusion.

I am sorry for the misinformation. This is what I was told by the guy at Musicians Friend. He told me they already discontinued them. Since they were going for so cheap, I believed him. I'm glad you guys did not discontinue them. Again, sorry for the misinformation. I think I will remove that line from my earlier post so as not to cause any confusion.

I think he was referring to this pack, which we offered for a limited amount of time.

Oh OK, that must be what he meant. Phew!

So I guess the big question is will these heads be Level 360 or are these a way to clear out old inventory. I'm good either way, just curious...

I was just chatting with Casey from Musician's Friend he confirmed they don't ship to Malaysia. Friendly guy and very useful this chat function. So bummer.

But...... hehe

I changed the shipping destination to Denmark and will be getting 2 sets shipped there.
Am going home tomorrow and have plenty of baggage allowance on business class to bring back to Malaysia.

Big brother does not always win -)

I was just chatting with Casey from Musician's Friend he confirmed they don't ship to Malaysia. Friendly guy and very useful this chat function. So bummer.

But...... hehe

I changed the shipping destination to Denmark and will be getting 2 sets shipped there.
Am going home tomorrow and have plenty of baggage allowance on business class to bring back to Malaysia.

Big brother does not always win -)

Interesting. I just ordered the set this evening, and the website says no problem shipping to Taiwan. I guess I'll find out for sure in the next day or two when the order is confirmed.

Did he give you a reason why they wouldn't ship to Malaysia?

Keepitgreen - first of all thank you! Your success with the transaction pushed me to make this happen.
Its basically the principal (Evans in this case) that decides who they can ship to.

Naturally any dealer in the US would love to ship all over the world and expand their business this way.
We consumers would love this too as the US prices for musical instruments are some of the lowest in the world.

This is exactly why the principals poses restriction as they most likely sell at a higher margin outside of US and don't want to allow US dealers to destroy price levels by exporting.
They are going to give BS excuses such as warranty, service, etc. but protecting high margins is the real reason.
The internet is changing this, and us drummers can save a buck or 2 if we shop around a bit.

In Malaysia prices are generally double of US. I refuse to pay this difference and am therefore an avid ebay shopper. I work for a living and would rather take the wife out for dinner than overpaying for things.

thx

jorn

Keepitgreen - first of all thank you! Your success with the transaction pushed me to make this happen.
Its basically the principal (Evans in this case) that decides who they can ship to.

Naturally any dealer in the US would love to ship all over the world and expand their business this way.
We consumers would love this too as the US prices for musical instruments are some of the lowest in the world.

This is exactly why the principals poses restriction as they most likely sell at a higher margin outside of US and don't want to allow US dealers to destroy price levels by exporting.
They are going to give BS excuses such as warranty, service, etc. but protecting high margins is the real reason.
The internet is changing this, and us drummers can save a buck or 2 if we shop around a bit.

In Malaysia prices are generally double of US. I refuse to pay this difference and am therefore an avid ebay shopper. I work for a living and would rather take the wife out for dinner than overpaying for things.

thx

jorn

Thanks Jorn, but I may have spoke too soon... I just received an email from Musician's Friend saying that my order has been cancelled because I didn't include a zip code in my address... The problem is that Taiwan doesn't have zip codes! Or postal codes. Or any code of any kind.

I emailed Musician's Friend and hopefully they can resolve it. I'll keep ya posted.

Back