Mike "Machine" Mallais here!

Hey Everyone...

I'm currently feeling a bit stalemated with my drumming career ...im working with several local bands in my city... but I feel like my global spotlight is dimming... would anyone like to make some suggestions on what I can do to help generate more publicity? ... suggest anything you'd like to say guys/gals!!!

Mike

Hey Everyone...

I'm currently feeling a bit stalemated with my drumming career ...im working with several local bands in my city... but I feel like my global spotlight is dimming... would anyone like to make some suggestions on what I can do to help generate more publicity? ... suggest anything you'd like to say guys/gals!!!

Mike
Mike what happened with the auditioning for Extreme bands?
set realistic goals and go for it
Other than that just get out and play The .best promotion is your playing
Tim

Thanks Tim... the Extreme bands you're speaking about ARE the problem. They're not Financially realistic for me as a Canadian. Medical insurance is one of the main issues... but then on top is expenses for the travel of my gear etc... I don't think many Extreme Metal bands have enough budget to afford hiring outside of their country.

I would like to do something (circuit willing) metal orientated... but I can't rely on that any longer...

Any more advice is always appreciated... I know this is a big drumming community and would love input from anyone on board!!!

Mike

Thanks Tim... the Extreme bands you're speaking about ARE the problem. They're not Financially realistic for me as a Canadian. Medical insurance is one of the main issues... but then on top is expenses for the travel of my gear etc... I don't think many Extreme Metal bands have enough budget to afford hiring outside of their country.

I would like to do something (circuit willing) metal orientated... but I can't rely on that any longer...

Any more advice is always appreciated... I know this is a big drumming community and would love input from anyone on board!!!

Mike

Start a serious drumming video blog on YouTube. Thats the place to be these days, get involved in that community. It would take time, but considering you're already pretty well known, it shouldn't take too long to develop a fan base. From there, you have tons of options.

I wish I had a magic answer for you Mike, but the truth is that I can't get hooked up either and my drumming resume is a lot less impressive than yours. I envy you man!

Hey out there!!!

I have a couple questions for you guys...I'm sure you'll help me with...

Which drummers sit/sat the highest at their kits... Chester Thompson is one who comes to mind for me... anyone else?!

Also... anyone have any idea what drum rack Nick Mason uses?! its this weird slotted rack thing...definately not a DW...

Thanks!!! and talk soon!!!

Mike

Hey Mike :)

Its nice to see a fellow canuck getting some spotlight :)

When i lived in Grande Prairie, i met a lot of guys from the east coast who were awesome players at their instruments, they said that the scene down there is really rough. Moving to BC helped me out personally, as vancouver is just a days drive away and has a good scene, so we get a lot of musicians playing here from there and they scoop bands to take along on with them.

To get attention, a lot of us on this side of things invite bands throwing shows and stuff to come jam, or check out band videos/sites .etc on their way through town, my band was offeres a spot on a week long mini tour next summer, with some guys from vancouver just because we hung around them, and invited them to our rehersal space for some tunes and beers, they liked what they heard and invited us along.

I guess play as much as you can with different people and keep up the you tube stuff :)

Awesome... what can you tell me about Vancouver/surrounding areas... best/worst places for music... best music/drum shops... best place to get started...best rent/jam spaces for musicians etc... i'm intrigued!!!

Well BIG news for me... I'll be relocating to B.C. Canada!!! ...all the way across country for me! ...anyone out there wanna meet up?!

Hey, when you going, if your still at the shop I will have to drop by before you take off.

Hey man! ...ya forsure... im sorry those peavey parts didnt come through...the reps have changed over... when ya coming to moncton?

Back