SO what annoys you? (The so is on purpose)

"Girl drummer".

"Male nurse".

"Lady doctor".

Male husband who watches the rugby (51-3, eat your hearts out, you Scots) while I hoover the damn car.

"Girl drummer".

"Male nurse".

"Lady doctor".

Male husband who watches the rugby (51-3, eat your hearts out, you Scots) while I hoover the damn car.

If I was a ladyperson I'd find gynaecologists annoying too.

It annoys me when a driver in front of me brakes a 1/4 mile before a traffic slow up, making me jam on my brakes. People need to have an understanding that the guy behind them isn't expecting you to brake so far ahead of when it's necessary.

I think this is called tail gating

Pretty much everything!

I told my wife "so and so makes me crazy" and she says "WHO DON'T?"

Point taken, but lately the one that really get's me is women texting on the highway at 75 mph. I'm glad I'm not armed.

It started slowly with a stiff feeling in my joints, but soon even my facial features felt stiff and wooden. That's when I realized that I was truly pissed off at everything and everybody.

Attachments

• 161996_175031312532991_2164750_n (1).jpg
    161996_175031312532991_2164750_n (1).jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 326
I'm not God's gift to driving ;-). That's the difference.

I'm a crap driver. I have a lousy sense of direction and can be paralysed by uncertainty. Not many people will admit this.

A lot of these comments are about driving and getting around in a dense population. Clearly the biggest aggravation of our time.

It actually can correlate with wealth - maybe you've noticed some of the wealthiest can be the biggest cheapskates. I never get why?
/QUOTE]

When I used to deliver pizza, the best tips came from middle class slobs, the worst tips came from the biggest houses. One older woman made a big deal about it.."Oh let me get you a tip"....she walks into another room and....totally serious, she hands me a dime. This was in 1985 or so. You have to wonder about people like that.

+10000.The rich,with little exception,are cheap,and resent even having to pay you at ALL.I was doing odd jobs for a while,fixing decks,drywall,plumbing..and the occasional wide screen TV installation,which back in the day,took some doing.

I got the "well this is too much,I can't pay this(several BWM'sAudi's and Porche, parked in the driveway,8 bedroom house,dripping with gold..ect.).I'd explain that I'm just the installer.There is a retail fee for the TV,and you agreed to pay then,as well as the install fee,which was based on my initial survey of the work to be done.All wiring to be behind the walls,under floor ect.No picnic,Larry can tell you..There is NO wiggle room.The price is the price.

Then ,he would start to get ,"well I'm a lawyer and I'll sue you if you don't install my TV ,RIGHT NOW!.
This is the best part,because,now he's desperate,and his ego is is being deflated.I then tell them,It's great being a lawyer,cause,my daughter is a lawyer too,and I'm a retired NYPD crime scene detective...and I eat lawyers for breakfast....counselor.

At this point,the TV and all the wiring,connectors ect...are still on the truck,and this dip shit,begins to recognize that I'm not some double digit I.Q. looser,who he can imtimidate at will.I then say,well,I guess,the store will be the one.who'll be suing you...good day sir.

Wait..wait......I'm sorry,I guess I'm having a bad day.How much did you say it was?I then refuse to take a check,and have him call the store,and use a verified debit/ credit card to purchase the TV and install.That way,the money comes out of his account,on the spot.During the entire exchange,I was a polite as could be,till I finally,put my verbal boot on this dooche nozzles neck.

"Well,I hope you don't expect a tip".My reply was," wow..how unexpected"..

After the install,I'm required to have the customer,inspect the entire installarion,and have him,sign the customer survey form. It basicly states,that they can't claim later on that we ,or I,are liable for anything.The manufacturer ,must address electronic defects.He was furious,as I'm sure,he had some future litigation in mind,and now..that wouldn't happen.

The best part is when I was done,this humanoids wife was just getting home,and we were passing each other in the 6 car driveway,after a brief conversation about the TV,she says,"he did give you the tip,didn't he? I think to myself...how can this pleasent,attractive woman,be married to satans step son?.

No mamn,I assume it slipped his mind.

Wait right here.She came out of the house,with 50 in her hand,and says thank you,and mutters something about ''I fuc#ing hate him..Have a great day...thanks again.

Sweet victory.They are few and far between,but when they come..it's ambrosia.:)

Steve B

Last edited:
40 percent of all accidents are caused by people who have been drinking. That means 60 percent of them are sober. We need to get more people drinking.

What annoys me? That's easy-my wife, and I her-its a stalemate. But don't you just love those annoying things-makes life much more interesting. If everything always went my way-it would annoy me. hee,hee.

+10000.The rich,with little exception,are cheap,and resent even having to pay you at ALL.

I think it's the difference between the working class folks who know the value of a service and respect you for helping, and the rich folk with their nose in the air who believe that they are entitled to anything they desire, on their terms, simply because they have money and in most cases did very little to actually earn it.

Another one:

Weather presenters that talk about 'nice', 'good' and 'bad' weather.

I'll be the bloody judge of that, thanks. Just tell me what it's going to do.

Speaking of the "Weather man"

one of the best movie quotes of all time IMO............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBbQm1avEY

The real CSM Plumley, died in October 2012 and was a legend here at Fort Benning

...........Back to annoyances

Arrogant people, who have absolutely zero reason to be.

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing.

I found a while ago that annoyance is just pity trying to get out.

Once I quit trying to avoid the pity, I have no annoyance.

I get annoyed at myself when I am forever looking for a tool I JUST HAD. Grrrr.

Otto, your statement is not working for me, when I hit a pothole, that annoys me, and there's no pity in a pothole. Annoyances doesn't always come from humans.

I'm a pretty easygoing guy and I make a point of not letting thing get to me...

Except when my wife/roommate don't refill the Brita filter. That is my crazy button. When we buy a house I'm going to have a water filter installed. I'm gonna give the person they send to install it a fat tip and when they're done give them a hug and make them a sandwich for saving my marriage.

Starting a sentence with the word "so" annoys me.

Ha! I liked the DW member who said something about the Okay so ("oh queso") .. funny.

Other than the "so" thing, it's misspellings. Especially the word "cymbals" in Craigslist ads.

You know, I've never read an ad for drums with a misspelling where the drums being sold were of decent quality. Anyway you know ...

symbols
cymbols
cymbles

I've even come across an ad for "drumbs". Yes. Drumbs. As in "I have some crumbs in my drumbs". Good god.

It annoys me when people get annoyed when others start a sentence with so lol. (not really) I like it though. It makes me feel that whoever is talking to me...is a close friend. Like everything that came before is understood and this is a new development. I feel in on the action. But out of compassion to the ones who don't like it, I'll refrain. Not sure that I can stop completely.

The groove vs chops thread annoys me.

Kids that constantly kick the back of my seat at the hockey game annoy me. The parents that don't correct their behavior really annoy me.

People at work (I am an IT guy) who ask me questions that are easily Google-able - I mean I don't mind taking credit for solving problems but the laziness of "Mike will fix it" bothers me.

People driving slow in the passing lane

People texting while driving

When someone interrupts me.

Keeping it real - that bothers me.

Homophobes, racists and sexists.

Religious people who recruit - all sects.

Creationists

People who don't believe in global warming, the big bang, dark matter or black holes.

People who use God to fill in the blanks for things they don't understand.

Anyone who abuses animals, children or women.

Excuses

Whining

Quitters

Fakers

Probably more but I am done.

MM

Last edited:
Back