What does Terry Branam use to transcribe?

Wrightdrums.com

Hello, I'm a drum teacher from Australia.
Question:
I use Sibelius to write a lot of drum music out but i can't get it to look as neat and grouped correctly as Terry Branam. Please tell what software and/or the process he uses to make the drum transcriptions on drummerworld.com

Would be very much appreciated!!
Troy wright

Re: What does Terry brana

Would be useful to PM him also. He's a very helpful guy.

Re: What does Terry brana

Hey Troy,

Thanks for asking, and glad you like the transcriptions!

For everything you see here on Drummerworld, I have used Finale software. I have also been using Sibelius lately as well, although I feel more at home with Finale. (probably because I started with it!)

As far as how I got it all to look the way it does, honestly I've spent many hours working on the layout and spacing. I've had to do quite a bit of tweaking and pulling my hair out over this stuff! One bit of advice I'll give you is to save a template file of your work when you like the way something looks (in Finale). You can do something similar in Sibelius by saving a "House Style".

With that said, I've had some good results in Sibelius lately as well. There are a couple magazine pieces running this month with my stuff in them (Drumhead and DRUM!) where I used Sibelius. Actually, the ones in Drumhead are from my original files. It's the Steve Michaud piece. I'm pretty happy with how that one turned out.

Hope that helps somewhat, and best of luck!

PS. Thanks aydee!

Back