A flatter drier sound...

Tbonez

Im looking to replace my heads (batters and reso)..I would like to mess with a flatter and or drier sound.These will be going on a Starclassic Birch/Bubinga. Im really not looking for a a completely muffled dead trash bag sound, however..

Any recommendations?

Any of the various brands of oil heads...

Posting in the right section is my first suggestion...

I may get a better response in another section but according to the General drum section description Im not sure if this is the "wrong" section...

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Try Moongel pads.

moongel.jpg

How about some EC2 for batters and EC Reso's?

Im looking to replace my heads (batters and reso)..I would like to mess with a flatter and or drier sound.These will be going on a Starclassic Birch/Bubinga. Im really not looking for a a completely muffled dead trash bag sound, however..

Any recommendations?

Hey Tbonez,

What are you using for heads right now? A point of reference will definitely help us all in providing our recommendations. Thanks!

Any of the various brands of oil heads...

There's only one ;-)

I had Evans red 'resonant' heads on a set of Yamaha Cherry Wood recording customs way back in the 80s, and they looked really nice.

Hey Tbonez,

What are you using for heads right now? A point of reference will definitely help us all in providing our recommendations. Thanks!

There's only one ;-)

Im using G2 coateds over G1s...I've atached a youtube of the sound Im looking for. I know what I have now isnt even close....Thanks for the help! I think it may be my reso that is providing too much "liveliness". Then again Im no tuning master and I've pretty much stuck with the G2/G1 combo for a long, long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNuDfps3g_4

You could try a G12 or 14 as your reso. Or try an EC series on either side.

Back