Jojo Mayer drum pedal

Toza

Which drum pedal does Jojo Mayer uses?

He uses a Sonor phonic Z53 70, (which I believe is discontinued) with a nylon strap and low spring tension.
According to his site thgough, he is currently developing and designing a prototype pedal.

He uses a Sonor phonic Z53 70, (which I believe is discontinued) with a nylon strap and low spring tension.
According to his site thgough, he is currently developing and designing a prototype pedal.

I watched his DVD before I deployed. I mistakenly assumed that he played a new Sonor giant step.

It's very cool that he plays like he does and doesn't need the latest and greatest thing to do it. He has incredibly articulate feet, a real blast to watch.

I watched his DVD before I deployed. I mistakenly assumed that he played a new Sonor giant step.

It's very cool that he plays like he does and doesn't need the latest and greatest thing to do it. He has incredibly articulate feet, a real blast to watch.

I just picked up the DVD for 25.00 today. Cant wait to take notes tommarow.

that pedal fell apart years ago, apparently.
he is indeed designing a pedal (although not with sonor!)
and for the last few years he's been using a pedal that he made from parts of many, many different pedals

Does look like SONOR bits.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 6,631
I think he's working on coming out with a signature pedal. Not sure if he's done it or not, I don't know.

I spent about twenty minutes discussing gear with JoJo after a clinic in Richmond Hill Ontario a few months ago and we talked about bass drum pedals.He admitted he is working on a new pedal with an undisclosed manufacturer. He mentioned his disdain for chain drive pedals and also mentioned that with his technique that he almost doesn't need a spring on his bass drum pedal. He also mentioned he is coming out with a foot technique DVD in the same format as his previous. Hand technique DVD.

There are two reasons I would never use one of these pedals.
1.As stated before, using two "Slave" pedals does not sound very desirable.
2. I use off set rack toms on a tom stand, if bass drum was directly in front of me, I wouldn't be able to set up my toms correctly, the whole structure of my kit would sloppy.

Back