Chad Smith

I'm a big fan of Chad, I think his drumming is just soo solid

I learnt how to play Suck My Kiss from a website that shows you exactly how to play the tracks - and you can slow it down or go to any section you want!

Check it on: Show me how to play.com

& there's loadsa other tracks on there too.
ST x

chad smith is the most influential drummer to me. his style is just so awesome! its technical, yet at the same time it hits hard and grooves really well. listwning to him helped me to become a much better drummer than if i had just stuck to AC/DC and all those 70's hard rock bands that all have one beat that they use hundreds of times.

He is a very good drummer. People like him because of his home growen and self taught style and just how he expresses himself and does what he wants when he plays. People just dig his style and sound, yes he isnt Dennis Chambers or JoJo Mayer, but his in a class of his own.

Quiet frankly im getting sick of this "he is over rated" talk and stuff because at the end of the day we are here and they are there so for you guys who wanna go saying that shut ya traps :)

I personally can say that I draw huge influence from Chad and I think his playing is what everything is about, feel, groove and passion.

Of course he isn't for everyone and there will be hates but what musician doesnt have theirs haters.

Take a look at this video of Chad playing Readymade from Stadium Arcadium at a Clinic live in Northampton, U.K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwiYs-h2rBs

There is sure as hell feel, groove and passion in this performance.

Just my 2 cents,

Adam x

His feel is incredible. He FEELS what he plays. You can see him playing out his feelings in the song. His solidness is the favorite part of his playing. He hits the drums hard and his fills are powerful. I LOVE HIM. Not on the recordings, but when he plays live.

I was having a bluesy type jam with my guitarist today and i realised how much im influenced by his playing, its strange but most of my playing style originates from him.

Chad Smith is one of the greatest funk rockers of all time. People who say he is over rated should be shot. Of course in the albums he dosent go crazy, because he is all about the groove. Watch this man and his band live and you will see some of the greatest rockers of our time, plain and simple baby.

another true inspiration of mine. what i love about Chad's drumming is that it's really good the songs but it's KICK ASS live!!!!

btw did Chad ever use a Pearl Steel Piccolo snare before? cuz that's the snare i use and honest to god it sounds so much like a snare that Chad would use.

I was watching a solo of his on youtube just last night, and man, the guy totally has chops up the !@$

He really plays for the song and doesn't let ego get in the way.

As popular as he is, I still think he is underrated as a player!!!

Re: Chad Smith. Like? Dislike? come in.

like him because he plays for the song and not for tell us how much he studied
Not the best drummer of all times but great grooves for RHCP!

T

I'm on that with you, jason and whoo. And what I fail to realise is how many people are talking about 'technique 'and not 'feel'. You can always cop technique; you'll seldom be able to cop feel. That's one of the crucial factors that defines a sound. Chad has one.

Chad is incredible. Regardless of technical ability or whatever, you just can't ask for a better drummer. He and Steve Jordan are my two biggest influences.

Hello, All.

I watched a drum solo battle video between Chad Smith and Ian Paice, it was quite amazing!! Chad likes to hit the bass drum head with his sticks. He is original.

All the Best,

While Chad Smith isn't as good techincally as some other drummers, he definetly is one of the better drummers out there. He has a great groove, plays for the music, and can still play fairly technically. He, along with Ian Paice and Bonzo are my greatest influences.

Back