Jimmy "The Reverend" Sullivan

S

schnitz

This guys one of the best metal drummers out there. Crazy fills, AMAZING db chops, and fits well with the music. I really think he is one of the best drummers out there.

Re: The Reverand (Avenged Sevenfold)

I do agree he's really good, and A7X just happens to be my favourite band. I wouldn't says hes the best, but he has awsum chops for sure; listen ot beast and the Harlout and about 3/4 through you and ull hear his fast hands and in Blinded in chains about 2:50 through he shows off a bit of the rudiments he can play with his feet.

I mainly like the Rev cause hes fills just fit so nicely into the songs, it ither compliments the guitar, bass or the vocals. The Rev also sings harmony while he plays, and doing that in A7X's songs wouldn't be easy.

He's not the best but i think one of the most tasteful, and i also believe he dosent show all his talent in his songs, he could probably bust out a crazy solo if he wanted.

I was listening to about an hour ago, Avenged Sevenfold, and thought he was pretty cool and the rest of the band wasn't doing as good as him. Oh well. I liked the song, and the drumming was nice.

Acually i think the guitarist in the band are pretty incredible, IMO just as good as Joe and Steive Via. I know synster went to a music school and if u listen there new CD City of Evil there's some insane guitar on it.

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

I think he triggers his bass drums by the sound of it and I doubt at live shows he would play exactly the same as it (studiomagic).

Why wouldn't he play it the same live? do you mean it would just sound different?

You can use triggers live, I've seen many drummers do it - espically on the kick drum. It helps keep the sound consistant from night to night on tour. I've also herd that at one point in time Vinnie Paul was triggering all of his studio sounds for live use.

The Reverend

So how many of you know of the drummer of Avenged Sevenfold? The Reverend. He deserves to be on this site in my opinion. He's really good. And very underrated.

Re: The Reverend

I love the reverend. But if you try to search him on the internet you can find close to nothing on him. and i do think he is an extremly underrated drummer also. i still dont see why people have not taken notice of him. hes amazing. i would love to see some solos of him on here!!!

- John

Hell yea he needs be. hes amazing. hands down, hes over looked. I agree, you try searching ANYTHING on him and u get nothing. Its crap. He deffinitly should be looked at and talked about.

oh god..i hate avenged sevenfold..i think the reverend has gotten just as much recognition as he deserves.

i saw them live he is pretty good and even if you dont like avenged which im not really a fan he is underrated i cant spell

Hello ppl, I totally agree with the other guys, except that one dude. The Reverend is my favorite drummer hands down. He's SO underated, its rediculous. He needs rccoginition, and he needs to be on here.

The Rev is right up there with my favorite drummers. hes amazing. and im completly obsessed with avenged sevenfold. i have all thier albums. he doesnt just have speed either. hes got technique, like Mike Portnoy. Avenged Sevenfold is influenced by Dreamtheater by the way. says so on their bio.

Re: The Reverand

avenged sevenfold is def one of the most influential bands in the metal area right now..THE REV makes the band i think. he really just completes the sounds and he can play crazy fills...only thing i hope on the next album he plays more solos and maybe some change up parts i mean the last one was good, but his drumming was probably crazier on the first....or maybe it was just different but whateva it was awesome non-the-less

Re: The Reverand

at first i thought it was all studio magic with him, then i saw him live and he hit every single note dead on. i think his drumming portreys the definition of "feel" for a metal song. a7x is incredable, i wouldnt put the guitarist on the same level as vai, he is amazing tho.
hands down, the rev is THE up and comming drummer on the metal scene.

COBHC said:
the guitarists are ok...they mostly play catchy stuff... the singing for a7x now makes me cringe. it seems like he had a cold when he recorded that album...

by the way if u want to see some seriously kickass guitarists you should check out children of bodom and dragonforce.
haha i dont think the guitarists are quite on par with alexi of bodom, but they certainly are amazing at what they do.
the vocals made me cringe at first, then i realized they were incredably unique and mix flavors of balls to the wall metal, hardcore, metalica, Guns n roses. he has a pretty insane range too, not many people can sing that high.

Back