Jose Pasillas

He was my first and greatest influence...the drummer im often likened to when people hear me...

By the way, i'm not saying i'm anywhere near as good as them, Hell No!

anyway - jose rules

Same here. Maybe that's because I've tried to turn my kit into a very similar one that Jose uses.

Anyways, what does everyone think about the new record (Light Grenades)?

I won a chance to meet the band on their current tour. I can't wait.

Re: Jose Pasillas - Double Kick?

Has anyone else noticed the double kick part in the Incubus song "Anna Molly"? It is the first time I've heard a double kick out of Jose.

Are you referring to those doubles in the intro and middle section thingy? 'Cause that's likely to be done with a single pedal.

Are you referring to those doubles in the intro and middle section thingy? 'Cause that's likely to be done with a single pedal.

He only does it twice that I can tell. It's in the section around 2:55 into the song where he is hitting the snare on the 1, 2, 3, 4. It's around 3:02 or so and then again around 3:08 or so. Am I right?

He only does it twice that I can tell. It's in the section around 2:55 into the song where he is hitting the snare on the 1, 2, 3, 4. It's around 3:02 or so and then again around 3:08 or so. Am I right?
I know the section, i'm pretty sure he uses a single. When i saw him live he looked like he had a mean right foot.

I know the section, i'm pretty sure he uses a single. When i saw him live he looked like he had a mean right foot.

Hmm...well, I guess I'll have to see it too (like you did). I'm going to their show next Friday here in Houston. I really thought it sounded like double, but I could be wrong. If that is a single, then holy crap.

Hmm...well, I guess I'll have to see it too (like you did). I'm going to their show next Friday here in Houston. I really thought it sounded like double, but I could be wrong. If that is a single, then holy crap.
Well, it's not like he's doing full blown rolls. He's just doing assorted bursts of doubles (as far as i can remember) which give the illusion of a double pedal, I guess.

Enjoy the show, I was really digging the 20+ drum/percussion solo last time I saw them.

Well, it's not like he's doing full blown rolls. He's just doing assorted bursts of doubles (as far as i can remember) which give the illusion of a double pedal, I guess.

Enjoy the show, I was really digging the 20+ drum/percussion solo last time I saw them.

Will do. I don't know if they are doing that solo stuff on this tour, but I'd love it if they did. I'll be sure to watch for that part of the song when they play it and report it here when I get back.

It is indeed a single pedal according to people who have scouted out his kit in the recent tour.

He is one of my main influences as well..

I actually wanted to know where I can find interviews and maybe modern drummer articles of him breaking down parts in incubus songs? Anybody know?

Has modern drummer done anything on him and the new album yet? If not I am pretty surprised..

It is indeed a single pedal according to people who have scouted out his kit in the recent tour.

He is one of my main influences as well..

I actually wanted to know where I can find interviews and maybe modern drummer articles of him breaking down parts in incubus songs? Anybody know?

Has modern drummer done anything on him and the new album yet? If not I am pretty surprised..

I have not seen anything in either Modern Drummer or DRUM! magazines as of yet. I too am surprised there has not been coverage of him in either one of those. I know Modern Drummer did an interview with him back when Morning View came out and DRUM! did one when ACLOTM came out.

Oh god, I love Jose, he's such a huge influence on me. He's probably the drummer that I want to play most like even though I do agree that sometime his technique is a little iffy.

I have now listened to the incubus album in full, and it sucks. Obviously just my opinion and what do i know, but it sucks. i own 7 hours of incubus and 3 dvds and this is by far their worst stuff. I t just seems lacking in something. Love the single but there is a lot of stuff on the album that i just don't get, the opening track especially, along with the title track.

I even dislike Jose's playing, i never thought i would say that.

Really dissappointed as i was looking forward to it so much but oh well. I just hope that this isn't a sign of things to come.

Bring back Dirk Lance!!!!! Ben kenny just isnt the same, i still think that he's good and really liked the stuff he did on Crow left of the murder but he's just not as funky.

Anyway, my 2 cents, ignore me at will. I'm sure plenty of people will love it.

Meeting Jose Pasillas

Ok, so I am going to meet Jose Pasillas this Friday night (along with the rest of Incubus) because I won these meet and greet tickets. Has anyone else ever won these things? Do you actually get to talk to the band members? If so, what should I ask Jose?

Back