Decent Middle of the Road Pedal

agiamma02

Hi,

My nephew has a cheap Yamaha pedal that came with a beginner drumset. I'm looking for a decent upgrade as a Christmas present. The one he has now is junky. It looks like it is wrapped in felt that's coming apart and it has a belt instead of a chain. He's 12 years old, and doesn't need a DW9000. He is just learning to play basic rock beats, nothing fancy. I want him to have something decent to use to keep him on the right track. I'm looking to spend around $125.00 or LESS. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way! Thanks!

Pearl Eliminator is around $120. Probably your best bet, has all the bells and whistles, will last a long time. The DW 3000 is a solid pedal, can be had for under $100. The new Mapex P710 is around $70.

Pearl Eliminator is around $120. Probably your best bet, has all the bells and whistles, will last a long time. The DW 3000 is a solid pedal, can be had for under $100. The new Mapex P710 is around $70.

Thanks for the advice! I'll check them out!

I swear by my Tama Iron Cobra Jr. pedal. Love that thing to death. You can get them new for $80 or so. I'd put mine up against a DW9000 any day of the week.

Hiya! I am newbie to drummer world so your guys experience is the best tool for me that can help me to pick the best equipment. Thanks for sharing your opinions!

I'd take either the Mapex 710 or the Iron Cobra Jr. The Mapex does have a dbl chain if that makes a difference. But I've owned both and the chain to me isn't a deal breaker.

I agree that the Pearl Eliminator is probably the best pedal in that price range. The next level of good pedals will be in the $175+ range (Iron Cobra, DW5000 and 8000, Taye Metalworks, etc.)

Bermuda

IMO pedals, cymbals, and a snare are where you should not skimp. I got my Iron Cobra used for $80 and I've seen plenty of used Eliminators under $100. Just keep your eye out and something will show up.

Here's where I got my pedal: used.guitarcenter.com

The next level of good pedals will be in the $175+ range (Iron Cobra, DW5000 and 8000, Taye Metalworks, etc.)

Bermuda

You can add the Mapex Falcon, very good quality pedal, it also comes with a strap (if you wish to swap with the double cain), 2 different cams (glide & pursuit), interchangeable beater weights (10g & 20g) and it has all the mordern adjustements. You can even fit a direct drive system (option, at extra cost).

http://www.falconpedal.com/

You can add the Mapex Falcon, very good quality pedal, it also comes with a strap (if you wish to swap with the double cain), 2 different cams (glide & pursuit), interchangeable beater weights (10g & 20g) and it has all the mordern adjustements. You can even fit a direct drive system (option, at extra cost).

http://www.falconpedal.com/

Thanks, hadn't looked at that before!

Bermuda

NO SUCH THING as the "best" of anything. try out all different pedals, sticks, heads, drums, cymbals, etc., and find out what works for YOU!!

everyone is different just like their equipment. a lot of people can tell you what they like but, once again, there is NO "best".

NO SUCH THING as the "best" of anything. try out all different pedals, sticks, heads, drums, cymbals, etc., and find out what works for YOU!!

Like I said, it's for my nephew who is 12 years old an new to drumming. I don't think he really knows what works for him, yet.

I ended up getting a Pearl Eliminator. Thanks for all your help, eveyone!

HEY ITS BO EDER!! I've seen your videos man! Fantastic, takes a lot of talent to sing and play at the same time, especially with how requiring your parts are!

Back