So.. what are you the most passionate about?

anth_ony

Last night I couldn't get to sleep for whatever reasons and the question "what are you the most passionate about?" came across my mind. I wasn't thinking about my passion for family, love, or things like that necessarily, but what object or entity do I truly and wholly care about? My thought process went kind of like this..

Drums. No, playing drums. Well no, playing music. But even then, I love writing. So maybe it's being involved with art. Well, having the gift of expression is part of being an artist, right? So it's expression; expressing what is true to me. Expressing myself is my true passion.

It just sort of struck me in a weird way to think that the one nonliving, inanimate thing that I truly and wholly care about is something that is as natural and human as self expression.

My current life has revolved around this sort of.. philosophy, I guess, of simply "being". So.. being passionate about "being"? It makes sense, right? (expressing what is true to me, etc.) How awesome is that?

I know this isn't an uncommon thought, but it's probably healthy to think about from time to time. Care to share your passions?

It’s also healthy to think about the things you’re thankful for. Wright them down on paper and look at it often.

One of them (passions) is to help people, and to thank those who helped me and still do in life.

I'll exclude the obvious that need no mention such as God, family, etc. It goes without saying that those things preclude all others.

- Music
- Humanity
- Problem Solving

These are the three biggest things I balance internally every single day. If I could be a "working" musician and live comfortably that way, the other two would easily be disposable. If I weren't a code monkey (professionally), I'd be a freaky Anarcho-Libertarian economist.

My current life has revolved around this sort of.. philosophy, I guess, of simply "being". So.. being passionate about "being"? It makes sense, right? (expressing what is true to me, etc.) How awesome is that?

I know this isn't an uncommon thought, but it's probably healthy to think about from time to time. Care to share your passions?

Its a great question to ask yourself. I think it helps sharply focus what it is that you want to do on this earth. The lucky ones get to do things they are deeply passionate about and therein lies the secret of a satisfying life.

The semi-lucky ones ( I wont call them unlucky because I fall in this category..), spend a lifetime looking for passion.

A person of artistic inclinations ,imo, is more dependant on passion than a lets say, a chartered accountant.

My problem is that I'm passionate about too many things which often frustrates me. Its like spreading the jam too thin on the toast. I'd love to be able to be completely absorbed in music, but alas, life gets in the way.. its pushes , pulls etc...

For me balancing passion, with responsibilities, personal values and beliefs...is the circle of life.

" Who am I and what am I doing here". Answer that truthfully to yourself and you might get a glimpse of the road to your passion.

My passion, is to play drums to help keep the memory of my grandfather alive, and i also love just playing the drums =P

Music - Recording, playing, writing, listening, absorbing. List goes on.

Heritage - Remembering and acknowledging my roots, family and origins.

Philosophy - Guess this goes on the line of expressing ones self, or why they want to express themselves, this was probably the more recent passion that came from reading a lot.

Design/Architecture - not just in designing buildings, which is what I study and enjoy, but also just how everything in out world is structured and created, family systems, heirarchys, etc, links into the previous.

I have always shared a hidden passion for the art of warfare. Battle tactics of yesteryear and modern tactics as well. Weaponry has always been an interesting topic for me to look up.

My parents would kill me if I said any of this to them though. They are very anti-war and anti-gun.

Well...

Golf, pool, music, my computer, home theater, travel, oh...did I mention, drums?

And, of course...family.

;-)

my kids, Elizabeth and Katherine are everything to me, like having my own angels here on earth, i tell my wife that my life really started to mean something when our first daughter was born, without my family i would'nt want to think where i might have ended up ;-)

I'll exclude the obvious that need no mention such as God, family, etc. It goes without saying that those things preclude all others.

- Music
- Humanity
- Problem Solving

These are the three biggest things I balance internally every single day. If I could be a "working" musician and live comfortably that way, the other two would easily be disposable. If I weren't a code monkey (professionally), I'd be a freaky Anarcho-Libertarian economist.

Thanks Zam. For me you nailed it with your first line in your post. Those are the ones that truly preclude all others.

For me, after that -

Music
Physical and Mental Fitness
The Great Outdoors

For me its photography.

This is the one thing I can read about, teach myself the theory and be taught about by someone else, that i dont get bored with.

I love playing drums but if i ever had lessons i'd get bored of them within months.
Im studying photography at the moment and my passion grows constantly.

I shall echo that from the person below - photography is great - drumming also, there is something creative about both that as yet i can't seem to get from school.... shame. I know what i would much rather be doing.

..."what are you the most passionate about?" ... Care to share your passions?

Easy one for me!

keith_playing.jpg

TPKeithandHeirrogetacow.jpg

Zen x 2!

Music
Writing anything from songs to poems of anything that can be think of
Surviving every day
Working with race cars ( atleast be a part of the crew :p)
Gardening roses

pics later ;)

Back